Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in Brooklyn and park our e-tron in an attended garage, which means leaving the 'key' in the car for the attendant. I wish Audi had created a dedicated spot to insert the remote fob. It gets lost in the black hole that is the center console. Anyone have any clever solves for this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure about the e-tron but try the cup holder:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Doesn’t seem to be ANY cup holders at all in E-trim??? Pay over £70k for car and no cup holders front nor rear!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have 2 cup holders up front and 2 in the rear
I actually had to check and there are indeed 2 in the rear via slide out tray, so I amended my prior post. I had forgotten that. Not sure where the poster Brenm got the idea there are no cupholders anyway. Weird.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I actually had to check and there are indeed 2 in the rear via slide out tray, so I amended my prior post. I had forgotten that. Not sure where the poster Brenm got the idea there are no cupholders anyway. Weird.
If memory serves, some of the earlier e-trons didn't have the rear cup holders

·
Registered
360 Posts
In the UK if you have not added the optional storage pack, you will only have two cup holders in the front.
If you have added the pack then you get the two in the rear seat armrest.

Reactions: kataja

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
167 Posts
Back to OP’s original point. I have always been annoyed that companies like Nissan could supply a space to hold the key fob while Audi could/did not. I don’t want to use a cup holder to hold my key. And sometimes a pocket is not always best either. It’s a simple thing. But for some reason, this, like less-dumb cup holders, eludes their designers.

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
167 Posts
As I said in my post, “sometimes a pocket is not always best either.” It’s not good in a valet setting, and many women’s clothes don’t have pockets. How about Audi just do what many others have and provide the convenience?

·
Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
160 Posts
This hidden cupboard eluded me for nearly 2 years of ownership! I read about it in another post on this forum and it’s now become my ‘go to’ place for the key fob. Because it’s hidden away I quite like the idea that you could leave your keys in the vehicle without anyone knowing where they are - and the car drives happily when they’re in there.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This hidden cupboard eluded me for nearly 2 years of ownership! I read about it in another post on this forum and it’s now become my ‘go to’ place for the key fob. Because it’s hidden away I quite like the idea that you could leave your keys in the vehicle without anyone knowing where they are - and the car drives happily when they’re in there.

View attachment 2051
Thats the compartment that extends into infinity? How do you fish out your fob?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi someone showed me where they are in front- wee pull up section in console. Where are they in rear?
Rear seat - centre arm rest - but only if you have added the optional storage pack.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts