Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

Has anyone else had the issue with the e-tron GT brakes being very squeaky?

See this video for the sound I'm referring to. I have this noise when I am reversing just as in the video, and it's pretty annoying. Have you had this issue, and if so, did you resolve it somehow?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 2019 Audi e-Tron and I have squeaky breaks too. I asked the dealer and they said I have to drive for a period of time and do a hard break. It made no sense.
Same squeaky breaks issue.
My guess this is because breaks are used much less than with gas cars because recuperation is the primary means of braking.
If breaks are used less, more rust and other matter can accumulate to lead to squeaking.
Breaking hard to get rid of this kinda makes sense.
However, I wish Audi would just provide better break pads :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Actually it does make sense, it’s probably a good idea every so often to do a very hard break without passengers. But I will say I have not heard any squeaking on my RS, on the other hand I barely end up using the brakes with the regeneration anyway.

Reactions: mmmzon

·
Registered
‘22 e-tron GT
9 Posts
I live on a hill, and my GT squeals very lightly as I come down the hill riding my brakes. It also groans as I release the pedal while maneuvering into my parking spot. It’s not loud for either, but it’s noticeable to me. I figured it was something in the regen system since I’m not heavy braking and have written off the GT as a noisy braker. I’m not a fan of the local dealer so it’s not been enough of a bother to take it in for them to check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My brakes were squeaking and grinding when I first bought the car.. After speaking to the dealer about it they advised me that due to the car using the electric motors to slow down most of the time, surface corrosion would build up and would grind at very low speeds when breaks are used instead of the motors. The squeaking was due to small bits of debris from the surface corrosion getting stuck between the disc and the pads.
Their advice was to do some hard breaking from reasonably higher speeds which would use the front brakes..
I did as they advised and it worked! They have not squeezed since. I do some hard breaking to keep discs clean every couple of weeks.. (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts