Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We love our E-tron but noticed within a few hundred miles, especially when coming to a full stop here in Southern California, the front breaks squeak quite loudly.

Our previous 2017 Q7 had these issues and the dealership put new springs to the brake pads which silenced the squeaking significantly.

Anyone experiencing this with their 2019 E-tron?

·
Registered
60 Posts
My e-tron with 2500 miles was doing that. Read here that standing on the brake pedal at speed a few times would clear the problem. So found a clear road and sped up to 55 mph and stood on the brakes a few times. Seemed to clear to squeaking.
Talked to my dealer who didn't have any ideas. If you learn of a better way to fix the problem let us know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is called brake glazing and it happens frequently on cars with very performant brakes but are often driven at low speeds. I assume that the E-tron's gently brake pedal regen It's not advisable to keep this going. Bill33525's solution is indeed the best one .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips to "slam on the brakes" from a higher speed to remove the glaze. Would this cause the discs to overheat over time and eventually warp due to excessive braking over short distances?

Thanks again E-tron family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a know e-tron problem, many people are getting the pads replaced in conjunction with US Service Campaign 57H3. Not sure if it's an early build issue or not, but mine has been fine (build is August 2019).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ours did this. For the most part, you are stopping using regen up til the very moment you halt and then the rather aggressive brembo calipers kick in and cause the Grundy grunting (sounds like a dying vacuum pump) sound.

We had the dealer tweak them and it improved a great deal and the car is due for the service campaign tomorrow.

I’ll post a post campaign report next week.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ours did this. For the most part, you are stopping using regen up til the very moment you halt and then the rather aggressive brembo calipers kick in and cause the Grundy grunting (sounds like a dying vacuum pump) sound.

We had the dealer tweak them and it improved a great deal and the car is due for the service campaign tomorrow.

I’ll post a post campaign report next week.
Anxious to hear what the 57H3 update does for the vehicle. We were hearing a high frequency squeaky sound [from the front brakes] before mashing on the break peddle hard a few times at speed. Please file a report following your service visit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Common EV issue due to the brakes being used more lightly. Like others said, a brisk stop from 50 mph every couple weeks should smooth it out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So we got the service campaign work done. Brakes seem less squeaky than before. They also ordered a new rear brake light segment to correct a lighting system failures that appeared but were not obvious.

Possibly some improvement in kWh/mi efficiency level but haven’t driven enough to really tell yet.

The Audi charge pod note defaults to 100% when you plug in instead of the 50% level. That’s handy in case you forget and you are pressed for time.

Otherwise nothing dramatic like them releasing some of the battery reserve. 100% charge still around 198 miles with AC Eco on (for us to reduce foggy windows with heat).

·
Registered
60 Posts
An easy way to tell if more battery capacity was added; Next time you charge up to 100% multiply the Wh/mi times the battery miles. EX: My last trip was slow around town, Wh/mi was 360 and 100% charge mileage was 230 so 360X230 = 83K rounded up. If they gave us the whole 93K then we would have 258 miles slow driving around town.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts