Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might sound random but is anyone having issues with the drivers seat being really squeaky and if so what have you done (and is it something that would be covered under the dealer/warranty) as it is so annoying especially under accelearion, cheers

·
Registered
444 Posts
I know this might sound random but is anyone having issues with the drivers seat being really squeaky and if so what have you done (and is it something that would be covered under the dealer/warranty) as it is so annoying especially under accelearion, cheers
Is your seat in the lowest position?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had this issue, usually when under acceleration but then dropped the seat to the floor and never had an issue since. Still managed to find a comfortable driving position doing this as well.

It appears to be coming from around some of the plastic cover trim underneath between the base and the seat back

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this problem. It went in to fix this plus rattling passenger door speaker. Door rattle fixed, but they couldn't replicate the squeak. It stopped for a while but has now come back again worse. I'm going to get it back into the dealer.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have this problem. It went in to fix this plus rattling passenger door speaker. Door rattle fixed, but they couldn't replicate the squeak. It stopped for a while but has now come back again worse. I'm going to get it back into the dealer.
Always record the squeaking for evidence. From experience, dealers make you think you're crazy because the issue never never seems to happen at the shop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had this issue, usually when under acceleration but then dropped the seat to the floor and never had an issue since. Still managed to find a comfortable driving position doing this as well.

It appears to be coming from around some of the plastic cover trim underneath between the base and the seat back
Tried that first myself to no avail, the issue goes if the rear of the base of the seat is on the floor. I do have the front section of the base slightly raised to give my legs support.
So changed my seat last night to the lowest position and it has now gone...so thanks for the suggestion...not sure how much of a long term fix that is or whether I can live with the lower seat position so will try out for now

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had this issue for months, dealer of course couldn't find anything. I change the seat position and it usually goes away for a bit and then returns. Very annoying. I have not gone to full lowest seat position.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If it's readily reproducible, you should have your Dealer look at it. These EV's are so quiet that building a cabin for one is a real technical challenge.
Agree, but I've never had a luxury brand seat squeak like this even upon initial ingress/egress, let alone on dive/squat/roll when driving. It's more noticeable than in a non EV for sure, but not acceptable in my mind.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Agree, but I've never had a luxury brand seat squeak like this even upon initial ingress/egress, let alone on dive/squat/roll when driving. It's more noticeable than in a non EV for sure, but not acceptable in my mind.
Then, at least for the etron SUV, I've never had a cabin that is so quiet. Many minor squeaks that would be covered by engine noise would be easily noticed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same sqeaking issue. Car is going in service for 2nd time for this. The first time the technician thought it was the leather, but it's definitely not. I hope they solve it now.
Strangely, it's not sqeaking all the time, seems to come up when it's warmer or after some driving.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts