Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just took delivery of a Prestige trim '19 e-tron. We have noticed when coming to a stop the body will drop and rise back up an inch or so. The drive is on efficiency mode. Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Us too...

We noticed this as well. Doesn't always happen, but when it's in efficiency mode, we noticed when we come to a stop, the car "bows".

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wonder...

...could it be that it's some kind of dynamic reset? I can't get to my manual at the moment because Audi Repair is running diagnostics on the car at the moment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When in the efficiency mode thought the car was in the lowest position, so how does it have additional lowering capability.
Will check with the dealer.
Have several other concerns. Can not get personal profiles to return the drivers seat to the proper position when returning to the vehicle after exit assist has moved the seat back and down to leave the vehicle.
Finally, after doing some configuration the cameras failed to work for a few hours??

·
Registered
32 Posts
In Efficiency mode the e-tron will be at height 2/5. When traveling at highway speeds the car will then lower to 1/5. I have not confirmed if this is how Dynamic works as well, but I almost always use Efficiency and whenever I have checked the height > 60 mph it is in 1/5.

My guess for the "bowing" is possibly that if you are on a highway with traffic lights or similar (we have some in rural WA state) and you quickly come to a stop, the car is adjusting to the lower speed by going from height 1 to 2. Once you accelerate back to highway speed the car lowers again, but you don't feel it with the road noise, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you press one of the "drive select" arrows just above the ignition button it will display on the MMI. Bottom-right of the drive select screen will have 5 horizontal bars with a number of them filled in. That indicates your current ride height.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, it IS a heavy vehicle. When I first experienced this I was reminded of this stopping characteristics of my father's old Plymouth Fury III....a true land yacht. Maybe in a future iteration there is something Audi can do to tighten up the suspension dynamically as you come to a stop.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This happens a few seconds after the vehicle has come to a stop. It's not a result of the suspension dropping due to brake application. It appears to be something deliberate by the suspension control system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts