Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Test drove this beauty today, absolutely hate the colour, glad I have not ordered that. Better looking in the flesh, drives really well

Had half an hour with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So? Impressions? C’mon!
The fastest car I had previously considered buying was a Mclaren, which pretty much melts your eyeballs. Bearing in mind that at the time I had an RS6 so heavy powerful to light powerful is extremely different. Everyone looks at 0-60 speeds, that is not a thing you do often, it's the 0-155+ that blows your mind. Currently got a Mercedes E63S AMG so the same powerful heavy car. The RS Etron GT is Mclaren fast.

Basically, the dealer let me have the vehicle for about half an hour so went to a fast bit of clear road, tried a couple of launches, then did some country lane bits returning on a dual carriageway. Very impressive the linear delivery of power no spooling of revs or turbo boost just always there. The only other EV I had driven was a Tesla which was quick in ludicrous mode but didn't ride well on the twisty bits. The RS feels so competent on the twisty bits, flat through the corners, easy to get the power down, much more planted, and more controllable than the merc.

Didn't get enough time to learn to navigate to things I would have liked to see like a timer for launch etc. Has it got a G meter? THe Mercedes dash is brilliant there must be like 30-40 options you can display on the dash which is customizable from the steering wheel. The Audi seems everything is hidden in menus, just need time with it. A different type of cabin much more cozy but very comfortable

Pros
Looks soo much better in the flesh - even in the shite colour (IMHO)
Seating, great
The cabin feels good quality
Ride comfort in different settings
Cornering ability
The looks
The instant power

Against
The Rearview is awful - just too small, not sure why they made it so small
You cant tell if the spoiler has been deployed unless you get out
Brakes were spongy as ****, almost thought they needed the fluid bleeding, this may be because anyone who had driven it had been hooning it? I am not sure but concerned me at one point coming fast to a corner whether it would scrub off enough speed, not as much as required hence the high praise on cornering ability ;):oops:
Customisation of the dash - but this is probably just my inexperience with the Audi dash

Can't wait to get the beast and get used to it

I think that's it for now, as a newbie to EV ownership I think the biggest concern is range anxiety and I quite often drive 100-150 miles each way to a work address along the motorway at motorway speeds but I am sure it just takes a bit of planning instead of jumping in the car and going oh I better stop for some petrol on the way

Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts