Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been browsing and see that there are people from Phoenix here on the forum. I was curious if anyone could tell me if the car could get from Tempe to Flagstaff. That's one of our core needs, and a deal-breaker. Nice car otherwise. For those not in the Phoenix area, is about 130 miles but quite a bit of an elevation change going up from 1k to 5k, then down a bit and ending at 7k.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all, been browsing and see that there are people from Phoenix here on the forum. I was curious if anyone could tell me if the car could get from Tempe to Flagstaff. That's one of our core needs, and a deal-breaker. Nice car otherwise. For those not in the Phoenix area, is about 130 miles but quite a bit of an elevation change going up from 1k to 5k, then down a bit and ending at 7k.
Get A Better Route Planner and put your exact addresses into the app to see your route and stops. Looks like due to elevation changes en-route to Flagstaff you will need to make one 12 minute stop at Walmart 5329 - Phoenix, AZ [Electrify America] The good news is there is an Electrify America Super Charger in Flagstaff as well. Looks like an easy road trip for the e-tron. Good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Suedegopher, There is an Electricfy America in Anthem and Flagstaff, you will be fine. I was a reservation holder before the release of the E-Tron and when I realized I could not get to Vegas or Laughlin for that matter I gave up. No chargers in Kingman other than a few level 2 spots which is a no starter. Audi of North Scottsdale has about 28 E-Trons sitting on the lot. I'm in Cave Creek by the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the responses. I was hoping someone had tried to do it without a stop in between and was successful. Car is really, really, really nice inside. But, I can't imagine spending this kind of money when I could spend the same amount or roughly comprable on a Tesla with longer range which would be more livable day today for what I need it for.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I urge you to go to "A Better Route Planner" and try the route for Tesla Model Xs. You will see they require a stop on this route as well. The problem is the elevation climb into Flagstaff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi @SuedeGopher, I understand where you're coming from completely. Thankfully, a 12-15 minute stop at the Electrify America station in Anthem is a relatively small burden, all things considered. Speaking for myself, that wouldn't affect my vehicle purchase decision over other differences between a Tesla and an e-Tron.

The installation of the Electrify America stations has greatly improved travel between Phoenix and Flagstaff, and Phoenix and Tucson.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In considering the etron or a Tesla 3, you should also take into account the excellent fit and finish I have found on my etron, as opposed to the wind noise of the Tesla 3 many talk about (including Consumer Reports). Also, be sure to test drive both cars to see how much you like the "one pedal" driving. I personally like being able to briefly lift my foot off the pedal without having my car stop in the middle of the freeway. Finally, if you are really out in the wild, keep in mind that the etron has a spare tire (of a sorts), while the Tesla 3 does not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts