Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had to do my UK driving test recently due to having spent my entire adult life elsewhere until moving back to the UK this year, I got a minor fault on my test for indicating to go back to the left lane after overtaking. It was explained to me that you have to go back to the left lane when safe to do so and that indicating would give people the impression I was pulling over or about to turn.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had to do my UK driving test recently due to having spent my entire adult life elsewhere until moving back to the UK this year, I got a minor fault on my test for indicating to go back to the left lane after overtaking. It was explained to me that you have to go back to the left lane when safe to do so and that indicating would give people the impression I was pulling over or about to turn.
Gosh! Sorry, don't take this the wrong way - I'm not looking for an argument but that doesn't tie in with anything I was taught / have experienced / have read.

The highway code is pretty clear that you should signal when changing lanes and makes no exception to moving back to the left lane and if you look at this from a driving school site, note the sentence 'Always remember to signal'.

https://www.driving-school-beckenham.co.uk/dualcarriagewaysmobi.html

Maybe the fault was for leaving it on after you'd finished changing lanes? Or maybe you just got a duff examiner?!

·
Registered
14 Posts
*Same as others. Preheated/cooling. My mini PHEV has it but isn’t very good and temperature is random.

*heated wing mirrors and heated windscreen

*Proper climate control. My kids are getting old enough to whinge about the temperature, I like freezing cold full blast. They like a comfortable temperature. So even better that it’s zoned.

*I love CarPlay but it’s a bit rubbish in my mini, hoping it’ll be a bit better in the Q4.

*wireless charging place.

*decent boot space (hate my mini).

*not driving a mini

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gosh! Sorry, don't take this the wrong way - I'm not looking for an argument but that doesn't tie in with anything I was taught / have experienced / have read.

The highway code is pretty clear that you should signal when changing lanes and makes no exception to moving back to the left lane and if you look at this from a driving school site, note the sentence 'Always remember to signal'.

https://www.driving-school-beckenham.co.uk/dualcarriagewaysmobi.html

Maybe the fault was for leaving it on after you'd finished changing lanes? Or maybe you just got a duff examiner?!
Definitely a Duff Examiner - you always have to signal either way and this is what the HC states for a Left Signal: "I intend to move in to the left or turn left or stop on the left"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having our first ever new car, closely followed by pre heating :)

We've received our Q4 recently and I'm in love with cabin pre heating. wonderful to get in to a toasty car in the morning, reduced yelling at kids to put layers on in the morning followed by asking them to take the layers off as the car gets warmer

Currently you can either start the aircon manually via the app, or can set two scheduled entries:

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Circle

I wish there was an option to pick 'every weekday', that'd have made it much more convenient but hey.. enjoying this too much to complain

·
Registered
7 Posts
We've received our Q4 recently and I'm in love with cabin pre heating. wonderful to get in to a toasty car in the morning, reduced yelling at kids to put layers on in the morning followed by asking them to take the layers off as the car gets warmer

Currently you can either start the aircon manually via the app, or can set two scheduled entries:

View attachment 3277

I wish there was an option to pick 'every weekday', that'd have made it much more convenient but hey.. enjoying this too much to complain
used this for the first time today, really nice to get in and the cabin is warm!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Really? The car is very good, but I'd argue the MMI is the absolute worst part of it.
I think it depends what aspect of the MMI you're talking about. It's strength is the UI design; it's very intuitive and easy to use compared to many competitors (IMHO).

But, it does have it's cons:
1) Not the most responsive, but turning off haptic feedback makes a big difference in this regard.
2) Buggy/intermittent issues with the MyAudi app.
3) Navigation without an Audi Connect subscription sucks. The voice recognition is awful without the online services, and the built-in POI database is extremely limited.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it depends what aspect of the MMI you're talking about. It's strength is the UI design; it's very intuitive and easy to use compared to many competitors (IMHO).

But, it does have it's cons:
1) Not the most responsive, but turning off haptic feedback makes a big difference in this regard.
2) Buggy/intermittent issues with the MyAudi app.
3) Navigation without an Audi Connect subscription sucks. The voice recognition is awful without the online services, and the built-in POI database is extremely limited.
You probably know the system better than me, but I rate these things on how responsive it is. I'm allergic to slow and laggy tech.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts