Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I managed to drop in on the UKs first 'Electric Forecourt' in Braintree, and I have to say I was blown away by it! Loads of chargers (all available 24/7), powered right the way up to 300kw, and plenty of outdoor and indoor seating - plus exercise bikes, meeting areas, a shop and an eatery.

Due to COVID a lot of it was not allowed to be used today, but the potential is huge, and chatting to the Manager he shared their plans to open these all over the UK 😊

Some pics attached for you 👍

·
Registered
360 Posts
Looks really good - what was the price / charge rate like?

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you pedal enough on the exercise bikes, does it charge your car for free :D

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
260 Posts
Looks brilliant. Gridserve are also working with Ecotricity to refresh all their charge points "by the end of Summer 2021" which, if it comes through, is a really positive thing.

I think there are a couple of these types of forecourt coming soon. One in Wigan and one in York from different suppliers. It'll be interesting to see their take on the solution. All really positive and a key side effect is that they're really visible from the side of the road - unlike your standard chargers tucked away in supermarket and gym carparks - which will help to get EVs in to peoples minds as they go about their fossil fueled business.

I'd really like to see some of these up in the North of England and Scotland. High speed charging is a bit sparse up there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts