Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I saw a video where an E-Tron was being driven on what looked like a semi Autopilot.
The car appeared to stay within the speed limit and when the limit changed, the car automatically altered the speed accordingly. At the same time, it stayed within the lines and even avoided cyclists.
You had to keep your hands on the steering wheel.
I cannot remember whether it was left of right hand drive though. Pretty sure it was RHD.
The display said Standard.
Is this correct for UK use please?
If not, how close to this can it get?
Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,
I saw a video where an E-Tron was being driven on what looked like a semi Autopilot.
The car appeared to stay within the speed limit and when the limit changed, the car automatically altered the speed accordingly. At the same time, it stayed within the lines and even avoided cyclists.
You had to keep your hands on the steering wheel.
I cannot remember whether it was left of right hand drive though. Pretty sure it was RHD.
The display said Standard.
Is this correct for UK use please?
If not, how close to this can it get?
Thanks
No replies yet so this is the video if it helps.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
279 Posts
You may recall from my other reply that I do not recommend e-tron over Model 3, having owned both.

That said, the Audi lane keep system in my opinion is much better at this time. It is a bit worse on curves, but the ability to drive while it is engaged more than makes up for that. In instances where you want to keep to a certain part of a lane, or avoid potholes it becomes a huge benefit. I can’t speak for it’s ability to avoid cyclists and would not want to ever test that.

The recent FSD rollouts have blown me away. They have an incredibly sophisticated system using essentially just cameras. Until it’s legitimately a level 4 system I personally would not buy it though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Current e-tron owner.
I don’t call it auto pilot while I say it’s pretty good specially when used with adaptive cruise control, but by far needs more attention that Tesla AP.

that being said, going from M3 LR to ETron, range and AP will be pain in ETron compared to M3 but pretty much everything else is more fun, including the quality of the ride.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Current e-tron owner.
I don’t call it auto pilot while I say it’s pretty good specially when used with adaptive cruise control, but by far needs more attention that Tesla AP.

that being said, going from M3 LR to ETron, range and AP will be pain in ETron compared to M3 but pretty much everything else is more fun, including the quality of the ride.
Thanks. I never use AP on Tesla, only cruise control. Range I hope is not an issue, mainly local trips (when allowed after lock-down) and 3-4 time per year a round trip of 350 miles and once per year round trip of 800 miles. I also have solar panels, cheap rate electric overnight and a Tesla Powerwall battery. Where I live, the country lanes are bumpy and even on A class roads still hard drive in M3 but hopefully in e-tron with air suspension should be much smoother??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts