Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I drove last winter on the 21" all-seasons, I'm thinking about going to a 19" wheel with winter tires (Michelin Pilot Alpin 5) this year. While I 've never put winter tires on any of my SUVs (we've had at least one SUV in the family since 1988), I've always had winter tires on my cars. Two years ago I switched from a car to an SUV and drove a Macan S for one winter and the e-tron last winter. If I knew I was going to drive in snow, I always took the car, but there were plenty of times I was in an SUV in the snow and it was OK, but it's not like having the secure feeling with four snow tires under you.

Anyway, I've been looking at getting a 19" wheel/tire setup, hoping to also get a little more range vs. the 21" setup in the cold weather. The 19" Audi winter wheels in their package are ugly. Tire Rack has one package with MSW wheels (2 colors choices), but I'm not sure about MSW wheels. I like the 19" Audi winter wheels for the Q7 better, but I need to confirm if they will fit the e-tron.

Has anyone here bought a set of winter wheels for their e-tron?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I currently have the 21" All Season tires on, but purchased the Audi 19" winter tires when I bought the car. I only had them on from December 2019 to April 2020, but they were fine during that time and I like the looks. I'll be getting them back on next month. Check carefully on tires for EV's. For one thing, etrons are a lot heavier than comparably sized EV's. Since EV's motors are MUCH quieter than ICE's, many tires for EV's have foam on the inside to deaden sound (I know that is the case for my 21" tires).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts