Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new E-Tron owner and have so far only used public charging stations twice. On both occasions, within 20 minutes I've had a different random Tesla driver come up to me with "How long you gonna be mate? Only I'm down to 0 percent charge, there's no other chargers nearby and I need to get to my grandma's wedding / my pet budgie's food store in the next 30 minutes mate". The first one I believed. The second... not so much. What happened to their much-vaunted superchargers? 🤦🙄

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I'm a new E-Tron owner and have so far only used public charging stations twice. On both occasions, within 20 minutes I've had a different random Tesla driver come up to me with "How long you gonna be mate? Only I'm down to 0 percent charge, there's no other chargers nearby and I need to get to my grandma's wedding / my pet budgie's food store in the next 30 minutes mate". The first one I believed. The second... not so much. What happened to their much-vaunted superchargers? 🤦🙄
Just tell them "No worries. With Audi's superior charging curve you'll be finished up in no time!"

·
Registered
61 Posts
You are finding out the same way I did that the biggest problem for EV drivers are other EV drivers.

At first I fell for the "i really need a charge ASAP" a few times. Then quickly realised the EV owners are no more polite or considerate than any other person. I now play it on a case by case basis and if the person is poilte and not spinning some BS I will move on if I don't need the extra range. If they BS or give me attitude I politely tell them how long I am likely to be and that they can charge then.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Interesting, why wouldn’t they wait their turn or find another unit? Tesla has more chargers than other providers however, they can use non-Tesla sites as well. Plus, they typically have more chargers at Tesla sites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts