Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new eTron GT last weekend. We have been hunting for an electric car and the wife was getting tired of the A7 TDI. So, we decided to trade in a vehicle with arguably the best mpg of any sedan for a vehicle with a somewhat limited range.

We looked at every version of Tesla...and while I do like the maturity of the platform, software and charging network, I am an Audi/VAG person through and through. Here's a list of what I've owned/own:
B5 A4 1.8TQMS. I put 300,000 miles and 42 track days on this car. It had a big turbo and great suspension. Should have never let this thing go, but I had no place to store it.
04 Touareg V8 with air suspension, locking diffs, two speed transfer case and every option. Incredibly capable vehicle on and off road...but it had electrical gremlins galore. I put 150,000 miles on it before it stranded me one too many times.
B7 A4
C5 A6
C6 A6
C7 A6
C7.5 A6
'11 Q7 TDI (Audi bought this back because of dieselgate)
'14 A7 TDI (literally every option including HUD and FLIR)
'15 Q7 TDI (final year version with V12 body kit)
'15 RS5 (Nogaro) with H&R magride and Capristo exhaust.
'00 B5 S4 - 68,000 miles, loaded and bone stock. This will be a project car.
'19 Macan S loaded with Sport Chrono, Adaptive Air Susp, Sport Exhaust, GTS body kit (option), 18 way seats, etc, etc.

I also reserved a launch edition eTron SUV a few years ago and waited...and waited...and then waited some more. Hoffman had AofA come in to show people what they bought. I cancelled my order when they said the range was 210 miles (which means a lot less in real life) and that it wouldn't have 350kW charging capability.

I only mention my ownership experience to explain why I wanted an Audi instead of a Tesla. I do feel like my experience also helps me to compare the eTron Gt vs the other Audis I've owned.

First, let's start with the purchase experience. I have bought cars from both Valenti and Hoffman in CT over the years. I had two bad experiences with Hoffman and wasn't going to use them, but eTrons are unobtanium. The salesperson knew I wanted one and as soon as I became aware of their two inbound units and I tried to reserve one. The salesperson said they wouldn't take a deposit until they actually arrived at the dealership. We got the call both had arrived on a Friday. I was in Europe so my wife worked it out with them to go see them at 10am on Saturday when they opened. This call was at 6pm on that Friday. I wanted the Tactical Green one they had so I thought that would work out. My wife gets a call on Saturday morning at 9am saying both cars had been sold the prior night after she talked to them. Scummy dealer. I was clear I would never buy another car from them again. Time to move on.

Thanfully Audi of Wallingford (Valenti) had two in stock. One Suzuka Grey and one Black/Red. Having bought from them before, they were super accomodating. We arrived there two Saturdays ago, test drove it for 13 miles and decided it was the right move. Took delivery a week ago. They added $5,000 for "Simoniz ceramic coating and vin etching", which is really just a markup, but I was able to negoitate a full front clear bra (everything in front of the windshield and front doors), mirrors, rockers, are in front of rear wheels like you would do on a 911, behind rear wheels and the apron below the trunk opening. When we got there, they had added in a prepaid maintenance plan which I would never use as I service all of my own vehicles (including stuff like timing belts, turbos, etc) and another $750 charge. They fixed that and we were off.

Initial impression. Fit and finish are what you would expect in an Audi. Far better exterior or interior than any Tesla from my experiences. The car simply hauls ass...it doesn't feel as fast as the RS5 and doesn't make the same glorious noises, but it's quick. Brakes are mammoth. The fronts look identical to the Macan S and the rears are 4 pot...probably a Porsche part, but doesn't look familiar to me. Tires are summer only...ugh here in the northeast. But, we have other cars on snow tiires and a Jeep Rubicon so no big deal.

Initial reaction to range...OUCH. We got about 125 miles from 94% to 26%. It wasn't even that cold out.

I have an Electrify America station a mile from my house. Out of the seven stations, they have one 150/50, four 150/150 and two 350/350 stations. Why they don't have four 350/150 stations is beyond my comprehension.

Additionally, the way these stations are layed out, there is only ONE 350 station (pictured) where the plug will reach. Backing into the space to the right won't work. Yes, I can pull around the other side and it will work...if nobody is using that (currently inoperable) 350 station. Bad design. Having the charging ports on the front fenders will essentially make a Tesla Supercharger unusable...as I don't believe the cord is long enough to reach if you pull straight in. The charging port should be on the right rear, like every fuel filler on Audis and like the ID4 has. Alternately, if they are dead set on leaving the ports on the front fenders, the right and left should both be DC CCS capable....not just the passenger side.

I guess it doesn't matter when both 350kW stations are only charging at <40kW.

I was able to get Electrify America to reboot both 350 stations remotely. One continued to display the message above. The other had one 350 plug that was completely inop....the other did charge at a better rate. Below is a pic from last night. Never got above 210kW...far short of 350kW. It was cold out, but I did a bunch of launches before charging to heat the battery up. Another thing Tesla got right and Audi missed is "preconditioning" or heating the battery before charging in cold weather. Huge miss Hans and Franz.

So let's finish with the positives:

The 18 way seats are magic. Massage and heat in the winter are phenomenal.

I love the fact that the flat bottom RS steering wheel is heated...I wish my RS5 had that and was always confused as to why it didn't with the cold weather package.

This thing handles incredibly well for a 5000lb car. This is just 400lbs short of my Q7TDI. It's amazing what a super low center of gravity does for handling. It's not as easy to get it to oversteer with TC off as my RS5, but I haven't felt like I needed the car to rotate more than it is does....it handles like it's on rails...just point and shoot.

The air suspension in this is better than my Q7 TDI. Love it.

LED headlights are the best I've ever experienced. Automatic high beams are flawless.

I love the rear lighting and turn signals front and rear.

The car feels incredibly solid. No rattles, no squeaks, no leaks, no wind noise. Live everything VAG, it's over-engineered.

Now onto the misses:

One user ID for the myAudi App. My wife and I each had a separate myAudi app before. I was told by the salesperson that I can't use my account on myAudi because the free charging can only be attached to one app. Where I am confused is that now the car won't recognize me as an individual and my preferences. Each person in the family should have their own myAudi account and the free charging should be attached to the vehicle...not who is logged in to the app.

ElectrifyAmerica. As outlined above, EA needs to get their act straight when it comes to maintenance of their stations. I don't want to have to call EA...ever. I have called three times. Twice to get them to reboot the only 350kW charger that works in Manchester, CT and the third time because after only 5 min of charging at a derated station, I moved to another station and tried to initiate charging and it would only tell me to remove the charger because my charging was complete. EA had to reboot the unit I was parked at and reset my EA account before I was allowed to charge again.

Android Auto. I have never been a fan of AA when I rent cars. It's not seamless in the Audi, it's confusing to figure out which app is navigating when I press the speak button on the wheel. When it does come up with Waze at night, it's still on day view so the entire cabin is lit up wtih the screen. I thought google fixed this...so not sure if this is an Audi issue or still an Android Auto issue.

The process of adding a user doesn't work because myAudi thinks I am my wife. I don't think it matters anyway, because your settings don't persist when you shut the car off. Maybe I am missing something, but when I get back in the car, I want the Drive Select to go back to Individual and set everything from my temp control to seats to dashboard preferences based on the last time I was in the car.

While I can set the brightness of the PreSense Side Alert bulbs in the mirrors, I can't actually get the system to recognize vehicles beside you. It's as if there are bulbs but no sensors or the system is turned off. I will have to do more research on this...but it should just work. For a vehicle that will never be used to tow anything, PreSense Side should always be "on". It works perfectly in every other Audi and Porsche I own. Not sure why it doesn't work here.

LaneKeepAssist or whatever it's called. I had an A8 4.0TT as a loaner a few years back after a tech had a mishap with my '11 Q7 TDI. The owner gave me his car so I got a week under my belt with that. The LaneKeepAssist worked much better in a 2019 A8 that it does in a 2022 Audi. That's odd....hoping it's solvable via either VCDS or the dealer.

HomeLink. I love that it can store up to 8 garages. I don't like that you need to use the touch screen. Use case, I walk into the garage and touch the garage door opener on the wall to open the garage. I back out...backing out causes the rear view camera to engage. After I back out of the garage, I have to "X" out of rear view camera, slide down on the screen, select the HomeLink button and finally go back down to the physical button near the emergency flashers and turn it back on. Come on Hans and Franz, use an empty button in that row to give users a physical button(s) for HomeLink. I know this thing is also supposed to automagically open your door when you get back home, but I cannot figure out how to make it work.

This next one really burns my ass. All of the marketing I read from last summer said this car had 360 degree view parking assist. This car not only doesn't have 360, it has no front camera. As someone who owns several "low" cars, it's always helpful to see how close you really are to that 9" concrete curb before you damage your lower lip on the bumper. The 2019 Audis I have been in (A8 and Q8) have 360 views. Here we have a $120,000 car without a front camera. That's inexcusable. What's in the front bumper (above) is a plastic cover...there is no camera. Not sure if this is a supply chain/chip shortage issue or a cost cutting measure...but if the eTron is supposed to be Audi's current halo car, they missed badly.

Regeneration. I know...two clicks on the left paddle gets you regen. But, it's only limited to 0.1g of braking. As mentioned above, logic would dictate that the regen settings persist every time you turn the car on. It doesn't...so you have to go into Drive Select, choose your mode and then choose the regen setting. Aside from that huge miss, I think Audi is shortchanging themselves on range by not allowing 0.2g or 0.3g like Telsa. A lot of Tesla's range comes from efficient regen. Hopefully this is OTA updatable. Actually, I am not sure if this car is OTA updatable like the Tesla and the fact that it has CAN tells me that it's likely a plug and update rather that OTA update. Another miss considering this car really needs to be connected to the internet for other functions.

Range. I know it's winter, but this car sits in a heated garage and when it leaves it should be "preconditioned" because it's already warm. In 337 miles of ownership, I am averaging exactly 50kWh per 100 miles. With a 100% charged battery of 84kWh, I am looking at a range of 168 miles to 0%. With an 80% charged battery (recommendation) I am looking at a range of 134.4 miles. Ouch. Hoping this is just winter related or that this is addressable via a software update. With a usable 84kWh...that's a pretty abysmal range.

No AM radio. Yes, some people do listen to AM radio...for me it's 880am and 660am in NYC for traffic and sports respectively. I can use an app and play through media. At first, I assumed it was interference from the electric motors, but my neighbor's Tesla S has AM radio. Not a deal killer, but a nuisance.

Rear visibility. The inside rear view is clearly from the Macan which is fine, albeit small. No need for a bigger mirror because the structure required for rollover protection in a car with a dining room table sized piece of glass for a roof is so thick it dramatically reduces rearward visibility through the rear window. Side mirros are big enough to make it a non issue...but I am a mirror driver to stay out of the way of oncoming traffic and it will take me some time to get used to.

I will update this thread with more as I experience it and I look forward to plugging in VCDS this weekend to see what I can configure via long coding.

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
265 Posts
Hmmmm. No front camera? My 2015 RS7 has a front camera. It’s invaluable. The website still touts the GT’s 360 degree virtual view. I guess the key word is “virtual.” I haven’t read anyone else mentioning this shortcoming. It’s troubling.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hmmmm. No front camera? My 2015 RS7 has a front camera. It’s invaluable. The website still touts the GT’s 360 degree virtual view. I guess the key word is “virtual.” I haven’t read anyone else mentioning this shortcoming. It’s troubling.
I have the 360º degree view, which of course is virtual (it has to be unless you suspend cameras above the car). It shows all sides of the car. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP, but I can see exactly where the front end when in parking mode.

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
265 Posts
I have the 360º degree view, which of course is virtual (it has to be unless you suspend cameras above the car). It shows all sides of the car. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP, but I can see exactly where the front end when in parking mode.
Encouraging. Thanks e-dude. I guess I’ll know on Monday.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Minor quibble: the charge port on the front actually makes it one of the few cars that will work with out a problem with Tesla Superchargers when they finally open up for other in the US.

Someone has published a cheat sheet out there of all current makes that will work with the supercharger cables.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Also, the regen will improve after a set number of miles. Audi wants the brakes to set in. There is plenty of dialog about this on these forums. The regen is NOT like a Tesla. When you hit the brakes, it's actually regen once the brakes settle in. You will not get one pedal driving with this car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
On a my wife's S5, when you go to park the car, and are in reverse, you get the backup camera (and the surround mode). Then you then put it back into drive, you get the front camera, which is essentially the exact same level, and view, as the rear, but on the front bumper. It is NOT the same as the surround view. And its truly really nice when parking becuase you can see perfectly, where everything in front of your car is, including the guide lines AND the big red line where the front bumper ends.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry for the piecemeal answers: the garage door is a small image of Homelink image in the upper left corner of the MMI. When I come home, the GPS pops a message up about 100 ft from the garage asking if I want to open the door. When leaving in the AM, I simply hit the Homelink icon in the upper left of the screen to close the doors.

I wish it was more like my Tesla and automatically open and close based on GPS unless I override ... but its definitely not as complicated as you describe.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ref: Homelink. I had the same thought about Homelink and backing out of garage. Then, I realized you can swipe down from top center of MMI and Homelink comes up and you still have backup camera. After triggering the Homelink, you can swipe up on that header tab and have your full backup screen available.
Ref: front camera. You should have a front camera. Mine works great. It appears we have same spec: Prestige, Performance, and Leather. Check with dealer.
Ref: EA 350. I believe our GTs max out at 270kW. I’ve gotten 210 kW a couple f times, but I don’t go very low on charge. The lower the SOC, the higher charge rate it will accept.
Ref: LaneKeepAssist or whatever. It only works with ACC and when toggled on at end of TURN stalk. It will show dashed lines for lane markers and will have tiny, inward-pointing arrows at the lines nearest you.
Ref: Regeneration. I missed it after 6 years in a problem-free Model S, but I understand the efficient policy of coasting. I now prefer the regeneration braking. If you watch the power meter, you can seen how much you are regenerating in braking and it is definitely much higher than Tesla.
Ref: OTA. GT can use OTA to update maps, but it does not (yet) do any major updates of software like Tesla does.
Enjoy the car. It is great even though suffering some software immaturities.

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
200 Posts
I picked up a new eTron GT last weekend. We have been hunting for an electric car and the wife was getting tired of the A7 TDI. So, we decided to trade in a vehicle with arguably the best mpg of any sedan for a vehicle with a somewhat limited range.

We looked at every version of Tesla...and while I do like the maturity of the platform, software and charging network, I am an Audi/VAG person through and through. Here's a list of what I've owned/own:
B5 A4 1.8TQMS. I put 300,000 miles and 42 track days on this car. It had a big turbo and great suspension. Should have never let this thing go, but I had no place to store it.
04 Touareg V8 with air suspension, locking diffs, two speed transfer case and every option. Incredibly capable vehicle on and off road...but it had electrical gremlins galore. I put 150,000 miles on it before it stranded me one too many times.
B7 A4
C5 A6
C6 A6
C7 A6
C7.5 A6
'11 Q7 TDI (Audi bought this back because of dieselgate)
'14 A7 TDI (literally every option including HUD and FLIR)
'15 Q7 TDI (final year version with V12 body kit)
'15 RS5 (Nogaro) with H&R magride and Capristo exhaust.
'00 B5 S4 - 68,000 miles, loaded and bone stock. This will be a project car.
'19 Macan S loaded with Sport Chrono, Adaptive Air Susp, Sport Exhaust, GTS body kit (option), 18 way seats, etc, etc.

I also reserved a launch edition eTron SUV a few years ago and waited...and waited...and then waited some more. Hoffman had AofA come in to show people what they bought. I cancelled my order when they said the range was 210 miles (which means a lot less in real life) and that it wouldn't have 350kW charging capability.

I only mention my ownership experience to explain why I wanted an Audi instead of a Tesla. I do feel like my experience also helps me to compare the eTron Gt vs the other Audis I've owned.

First, let's start with the purchase experience. I have bought cars from both Valenti and Hoffman in CT over the years. I had two bad experiences with Hoffman and wasn't going to use them, but eTrons are unobtanium. The salesperson knew I wanted one and as soon as I became aware of their two inbound units and I tried to reserve one. The salesperson said they wouldn't take a deposit until they actually arrived at the dealership. We got the call both had arrived on a Friday. I was in Europe so my wife worked it out with them to go see them at 10am on Saturday when they opened. This call was at 6pm on that Friday. I wanted the Tactical Green one they had so I thought that would work out. My wife gets a call on Saturday morning at 9am saying both cars had been sold the prior night after she talked to them. Scummy dealer. I was clear I would never buy another car from them again. Time to move on.

Thanfully Audi of Wallingford (Valenti) had two in stock. One Suzuka Grey and one Black/Red. Having bought from them before, they were super accomodating. We arrived there two Saturdays ago, test drove it for 13 miles and decided it was the right move. Took delivery a week ago. They added $5,000 for "Simoniz ceramic coating and vin etching", which is really just a markup, but I was able to negoitate a full front clear bra (everything in front of the windshield and front doors), mirrors, rockers, are in front of rear wheels like you would do on a 911, behind rear wheels and the apron below the trunk opening. When we got there, they had added in a prepaid maintenance plan which I would never use as I service all of my own vehicles (including stuff like timing belts, turbos, etc) and another $750 charge. They fixed that and we were off.

Initial impression. Fit and finish are what you would expect in an Audi. Far better exterior or interior than any Tesla from my experiences. The car simply hauls ass...it doesn't feel as fast as the RS5 and doesn't make the same glorious noises, but it's quick. Brakes are mammoth. The fronts look identical to the Macan S and the rears are 4 pot...probably a Porsche part, but doesn't look familiar to me. Tires are summer only...ugh here in the northeast. But, we have other cars on snow tiires and a Jeep Rubicon so no big deal.

Initial reaction to range...OUCH. We got about 125 miles from 94% to 26%. It wasn't even that cold out.

I have an Electrify America station a mile from my house. Out of the seven stations, they have one 150/50, four 150/150 and two 350/350 stations. Why they don't have four 350/150 stations is beyond my comprehension.

Additionally, the way these stations are layed out, there is only ONE 350 station (pictured) where the plug will reach. Backing into the space to the right won't work. Yes, I can pull around the other side and it will work...if nobody is using that (currently inoperable) 350 station. Bad design. Having the charging ports on the front fenders will essentially make a Tesla Supercharger unusable...as I don't believe the cord is long enough to reach if you pull straight in. The charging port should be on the right rear, like every fuel filler on Audis and like the ID4 has. Alternately, if they are dead set on leaving the ports on the front fenders, the right and left should both be DC CCS capable....not just the passenger side.

I guess it doesn't matter when both 350kW stations are only charging at <40kW.

I was able to get Electrify America to reboot both 350 stations remotely. One continued to display the message above. The other had one 350 plug that was completely inop....the other did charge at a better rate. Below is a pic from last night. Never got above 210kW...far short of 350kW. It was cold out, but I did a bunch of launches before charging to heat the battery up. Another thing Tesla got right and Audi missed is "preconditioning" or heating the battery before charging in cold weather. Huge miss Hans and Franz.

So let's finish with the positives:

The 18 way seats are magic. Massage and heat in the winter are phenomenal.

I love the fact that the flat bottom RS steering wheel is heated...I wish my RS5 had that and was always confused as to why it didn't with the cold weather package.

This thing handles incredibly well for a 5000lb car. This is just 400lbs short of my Q7TDI. It's amazing what a super low center of gravity does for handling. It's not as easy to get it to oversteer with TC off as my RS5, but I haven't felt like I needed the car to rotate more than it is does....it handles like it's on rails...just point and shoot.

The air suspension in this is better than my Q7 TDI. Love it.

LED headlights are the best I've ever experienced. Automatic high beams are flawless.

I love the rear lighting and turn signals front and rear.

The car feels incredibly solid. No rattles, no squeaks, no leaks, no wind noise. Live everything VAG, it's over-engineered.

Now onto the misses:

One user ID for the myAudi App. My wife and I each had a separate myAudi app before. I was told by the salesperson that I can't use my account on myAudi because the free charging can only be attached to one app. Where I am confused is that now the car won't recognize me as an individual and my preferences. Each person in the family should have their own myAudi account and the free charging should be attached to the vehicle...not who is logged in to the app.

ElectrifyAmerica. As outlined above, EA needs to get their act straight when it comes to maintenance of their stations. I don't want to have to call EA...ever. I have called three times. Twice to get them to reboot the only 350kW charger that works in Manchester, CT and the third time because after only 5 min of charging at a derated station, I moved to another station and tried to initiate charging and it would only tell me to remove the charger because my charging was complete. EA had to reboot the unit I was parked at and reset my EA account before I was allowed to charge again.

Android Auto. I have never been a fan of AA when I rent cars. It's not seamless in the Audi, it's confusing to figure out which app is navigating when I press the speak button on the wheel. When it does come up with Waze at night, it's still on day view so the entire cabin is lit up wtih the screen. I thought google fixed this...so not sure if this is an Audi issue or still an Android Auto issue.

The process of adding a user doesn't work because myAudi thinks I am my wife. I don't think it matters anyway, because your settings don't persist when you shut the car off. Maybe I am missing something, but when I get back in the car, I want the Drive Select to go back to Individual and set everything from my temp control to seats to dashboard preferences based on the last time I was in the car.

While I can set the brightness of the PreSense Side Alert bulbs in the mirrors, I can't actually get the system to recognize vehicles beside you. It's as if there are bulbs but no sensors or the system is turned off. I will have to do more research on this...but it should just work. For a vehicle that will never be used to tow anything, PreSense Side should always be "on". It works perfectly in every other Audi and Porsche I own. Not sure why it doesn't work here.

LaneKeepAssist or whatever it's called. I had an A8 4.0TT as a loaner a few years back after a tech had a mishap with my '11 Q7 TDI. The owner gave me his car so I got a week under my belt with that. The LaneKeepAssist worked much better in a 2019 A8 that it does in a 2022 Audi. That's odd....hoping it's solvable via either VCDS or the dealer.

HomeLink. I love that it can store up to 8 garages. I don't like that you need to use the touch screen. Use case, I walk into the garage and touch the garage door opener on the wall to open the garage. I back out...backing out causes the rear view camera to engage. After I back out of the garage, I have to "X" out of rear view camera, slide down on the screen, select the HomeLink button and finally go back down to the physical button near the emergency flashers and turn it back on. Come on Hans and Franz, use an empty button in that row to give users a physical button(s) for HomeLink. I know this thing is also supposed to automagically open your door when you get back home, but I cannot figure out how to make it work.

This next one really burns my ass. All of the marketing I read from last summer said this car had 360 degree view parking assist. This car not only doesn't have 360, it has no front camera. As someone who owns several "low" cars, it's always helpful to see how close you really are to that 9" concrete curb before you damage your lower lip on the bumper. The 2019 Audis I have been in (A8 and Q8) have 360 views. Here we have a $120,000 car without a front camera. That's inexcusable. What's in the front bumper (above) is a plastic cover...there is no camera. Not sure if this is a supply chain/chip shortage issue or a cost cutting measure...but if the eTron is supposed to be Audi's current halo car, they missed badly.

Regeneration. I know...two clicks on the left paddle gets you regen. But, it's only limited to 0.1g of braking. As mentioned above, logic would dictate that the regen settings persist every time you turn the car on. It doesn't...so you have to go into Drive Select, choose your mode and then choose the regen setting. Aside from that huge miss, I think Audi is shortchanging themselves on range by not allowing 0.2g or 0.3g like Telsa. A lot of Tesla's range comes from efficient regen. Hopefully this is OTA updatable. Actually, I am not sure if this car is OTA updatable like the Tesla and the fact that it has CAN tells me that it's likely a plug and update rather that OTA update. Another miss considering this car really needs to be connected to the internet for other functions.

Range. I know it's winter, but this car sits in a heated garage and when it leaves it should be "preconditioned" because it's already warm. In 337 miles of ownership, I am averaging exactly 50kWh per 100 miles. With a 100% charged battery of 84kWh, I am looking at a range of 168 miles to 0%. With an 80% charged battery (recommendation) I am looking at a range of 134.4 miles. Ouch. Hoping this is just winter related or that this is addressable via a software update. With a usable 84kWh...that's a pretty abysmal range.

No AM radio. Yes, some people do listen to AM radio...for me it's 880am and 660am in NYC for traffic and sports respectively. I can use an app and play through media. At first, I assumed it was interference from the electric motors, but my neighbor's Tesla S has AM radio. Not a deal killer, but a nuisance.

Rear visibility. The inside rear view is clearly from the Macan which is fine, albeit small. No need for a bigger mirror because the structure required for rollover protection in a car with a dining room table sized piece of glass for a roof is so thick it dramatically reduces rearward visibility through the rear window. Side mirros are big enough to make it a non issue...but I am a mirror driver to stay out of the way of oncoming traffic and it will take me some time to get used to.

I will update this thread with more as I experience it and I look forward to plugging in VCDS this weekend to see what I can configure via long coding.
Range: what does your MyAudi app say for your range? I also live in CT and depending on how i'm driving, on my work commute i'm getting anywhere from 2.3-2.9 mi/kwh. You seem to be getting 2.0. I generally drive in Dynamic, and i have 20" wheels with snow tires on. My commute one-way is 45 miles. I have a 14-50 outlet in my garage, so i don't care about efficiency whatsoever now that i have a level 2 charger. I generally get 250 miles per charge. I imagine i could stretch it to over 3 if i needed to.

Dealer: Like i said, i also live in CT. I live down on the shoreline very close to a Hoffman Audi. I've never gotten a good vibe from their sales dept (never bought anything there) and i don't get my car serviced there. I ended up going to a small dealer out in PA to buy the car. They gave me good value for my trade-in and did not charge over MSRP.I usually do my own work but given this is a new vehicle/platform, and not a traditional ICE car, i did get the Audi Care package. I'm not sure where i want to get it serviced yet though. Do you like Valenti's service dept?

EA: the EA charger spot in Waterford is great. Been there a few times before my garage outlet got installed and only once did the charger fail to initialize, and i just moved over a stall and it worked.

I plan on getting my car ceramic coated and PPF (Optimum's line for both) in the coming weeks as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine has one too but I know it is specification dependent - don’t think the standard GT gets it in the U.K. unless added on as part of a pack,

·
Registered
98 Posts
So, my biggest prob so far is the lack of a physical Homelink button. Every time I back out of the garage, it is a mutli-step process to get the garage door closed and keep the backup cameras active. My best solution thus far is to use the remote that came with the garage door openers. Kinda sad. Great car though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also, it definitely has a front camera:

View attachment 3721
see JC’s reply above:

Ref: Homelink. I had the same thought about Homelink and backing out of garage. Then, I realized you can swipe down from top center of MMI and Homelink comes up and you still have backup camera. After triggering the Homelink, you can swipe up on that header tab and have your full backup screen available.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah I tried that swipe down thing about 50 times yesterday and no joy. Just went out and found the little swipe line and got it working thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah I tried that swipe down thing about 50 times yesterday and no joy. Just went out and found the little swipe line and got it working thanks.
I bought a device called Remootio which has a geofence that will automatically open the garage door (and my entry gate) when I'm approaching my house. I was unsuccessful in programming the Homelink to my Overhead Door opener yesterday, but will try again today.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought a device called Remootio which has a geofence that will automatically open the garage door (and my entry gate) when I'm approaching my house. I was unsuccessful in programming the Homelink to my Overhead Door opener yesterday, but will try again today.
That looks pretty cool. Can you program it to auto-close your garage door via GPS sensing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
That looks pretty cool. Can you program it to auto-close your garage door via GPS sensing?
I don't think it's an option to close it. Although, now that you mention it, I think you can integrate with Siri, Alexa, Google Home (none of which I use) so you could just make it a voice command. I'm going to investigate this.

EDIT: I was able to easily add a Siri shortcut to operate the the garage door and gate. This may be even easier than hitting the Homelink button.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts