Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
274 Posts
I bought a device called Remootio which has a geofence that will automatically open the garage door (and my entry gate) when I'm approaching my house. I was unsuccessful in programming the Homelink to my Overhead Door opener yesterday, but will try again today.
Remootio does indeed look cool. I have ordered one to check it out. Not just because of the GT—HomeLink and location pairing are working just fine for me—but because of its abilities to monitor gate open status (something that seems to confound our home Elan system), shared keys, and easy Siri integration. As near as I can tell, each device requires its own Remootio, so if I have two garage doors and a gate, it looks like I need three Remootio units. Is that right?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Remootio does indeed look cool. I have ordered one to check it out. Not just because of the GT—HomeLink and location pairing are working just fine for me—but because of its abilities to monitor gate open status (something that seems to confound our home Elan system), shared keys, and easy Siri integration. As near as I can tell, each device requires its own Remootio, so if I have two garage doors and a gate, it looks like I need three Remootio units. Is that right?
Correct, you do need one Remootio per gate, garage door, etc. My gates are approximately 200 feet from my house, but the Wifi signal is good enough for it.

·
Registered
2022 RS e-tron GT
17 Posts
EDIT: I was able to easily add a Siri shortcut to operate the the garage door and gate. This may be even easier than hitting the Homelink button.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks @prakash. I am trying to see if I can do the same.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I assigned the garage opener to the * button on the steering wheel.
for parking assistI really love
Light Product Automotive lighting Font Liquid

auto turns on and gives you two dots to use as parking aids. Have mine aligned to dash/ stitches.
Thanks for the nice write-up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I assigned the garage opener to the * button on the steering wheel.
for parking assistI really love
View attachment 3790
auto turns on and gives you two dots to use as parking aids. Have mine aligned to dash/ stitches.
Thanks for the nice write-up!
How did you accomplish this? When I push the * button on the wheel it gives me several options to program what it's used for, but the garage door is not one of them.

Is there another way I can program the button to activate other things?

·
Registered
27 Posts
How did you accomplish this? When I push the * button on the wheel it gives me several options to program what it's used for, but the garage door is not one of them.

Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Steering part

Vehicle Car Automotive design Speedometer Steering wheel

First configure your garage opener. Mine is named “Hemma”. Then keep button on wheel pressed. When menu comes scroll to the bottom, there are more option than the first you see. Mine is at the very bottom. Add “Hemma” by selecting. Now you can open / close garage using the button

·
Registered
144 Posts

Its the very last item on the list … mine had to scroll up. It was grayed out until I actually programmed my garage door in, then it was selectable.

·
Registered
2022 RS e-tron GT
17 Posts
I tried to do this except the button on my wheel is steering wheel heater. Does anyone know what other button to use to do this programming?

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
274 Posts
I tried to do this except the button on my wheel is steering wheel heater. Does anyone know what other button to use to do this programming?
Yeah, Fred, looks to me like he’s got a non-US steering wheel there, or a non-heated wheel, or one that is switched differently. It’s got the programmable button like my RS7 did. And I sure wish our US heated steering wheels could program that button, but I don’t think we can. And I don’t think there is another programmable “location” other than the MMI.

·
Registered
2022 RS e-tron GT
17 Posts
Yeah, Fred, looks to me like he’s got a non-US steering wheel there, or a non-heated wheel, or one that is switched differently. It’s got the programmable button like my RS7 did. And I sure wish our US heated steering wheels could program that button, but I don’t think we can. And I don’t think there is another programmable “location” other than the MMI.
Thank you @drunkenspyder. When I back out of the garage with camera on, it is a multi-steps process to close the garage door!

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
274 Posts
Technically for me as well. But it’s just a touch of the little ——— line button at the top of the screen, and then my gate and garage door “buttons” appear, partially covering the top 15-20% of the camera image. For me, at this point, the nose of the car has cleared the garage (I back out), so I’ve put my foot on the brake as a I have a rather tight curve to make to avoid hitting shrubbery near my front porch. I could do all this without stopping, but I’m just not into taking that chance. As soon as I press the garage “button,” the overlay slides back up, and the camera image is again full screen. But I never lose camera visibility. Do I miss the physical buttons in the headliner of my 7 and 8? Yeah, but this works. And combined with location awareness, it’s pretty handy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
All the RS wheels are alcantara so do not have heating … well maybe the Year One are. They put this programmable button on the wheel to replace the heating button.

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
274 Posts
All the RS wheels are alcantara so do not have heating … well maybe the Year One are. They put this programmable button on the wheel to replace the heating button.
Do you mean the RS GT steering wheels? I suppose that makes sense. My RS7 flat-bottom wheel was leather and not heated.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do you mean the RS GT steering wheels? I suppose that makes sense. My RS7 flat-bottom wheel was leather and not heated.
Well we are talking about the GT, so yeah. And from my understanding its not the shape of the wheel but the covering/material that keeps it from being heated.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Taycan has the programmable button … even with steering wheel heating. Taycan has steering wheel heater button between bottom spokes, so programmable button is still available.

·
Registered
199 Posts
RS E-Tron GT Year One option comes with the Alcantara steering wheel which does not have the heated steering wheel.
RS E-Tron GT does come with heated steering wheel

21 - 39 of 39 Posts