Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I did the front clip and rockers on my GT. First car I have ever PPFed. I am not sure it was worth it. There are a couple of imperfections that bother me and the installer wasn’t interested in fixing. It was a lot of money and for what? When I sell the car it surely won’t get anything for having PPF or less paint flaws than an unprotected car.

I’d save your money.

·
Registered
105 Posts
£4K???? it's probably just me but I just spat my coffee all over the place... thank god I don't have to preserve the value of my car to that extent...
To put into context, the cost of ceramic coating an eTron GT including prep would be over £1k which doesn't really offer any sort of stone chip protection, it's a big car. To have just the front end of my RS7 PPF'ed 5 years ago was £2k, this time it is the whole car including the rear diffuser so 10-12 extra panels and glass including coatings, it is a reasonable amount of money. How much do you think it would be to respray, a lot more than that.

As for whether it is worth it, that's a personal choice, I'd rather have the car pristine than one that is nicked / stone chipped, it was never really about resale state, that is just a bonus. That all said my last 3 RS's that I've sold have done so for over book price because of the better condition of the paint and trims because of PPF and ceramic coatings. If a car is just an A to B thing then don't do it.

·
Registered
22 GT
14 Posts
For giggles, I pinged a good local PPF shop... they quoted $2600 for front clip incl headlights plus mirrors. Suntek Reaction film.
Not something I'm interest in doing, but less $$$ than I was expecting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Picked up my Nardo Grey RS today. I’ve never had PPF or even thought about getting it I usually take care of my cars pretty well but thinking of doing it on this one since the paint job cost me a lot more. What is y’all’s thoughts on it?
I went ahead and install PPV in the front portion of the car. And had applied Ceramic Pro to the entire car. I'd hate to see a rock chip on my new car. So thats why I went forward with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They told me 3200 for the whole car and 500 to ceramic coat the car, trim, and breaks. Just trying to g figure out is llumar is quality
Wish I could help but I’m not familiar with that brand. If it’s a good film, that’s definitely a killer price. Im assuming they also plot the ppf for the Etron. I’m doing mine in matte so it has to be bulk install. Maybe that’s why the price difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Llumar is good and that price is extremely low
What ceramic coating Brand?
Im not sure yet. I know the guys there and they do some high end cars so I trust them. Do you have a picture of yours with the PPF? I want to keep the same look on the nardo grey I dont want it to be any more glossy or matte. Can you really tell that its on?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Im not sure yet. I know the guys there and they do some high end cars so I trust them. Do you have a picture of yours with the PPF? I want to keep the same look on the nardo grey I dont want it to be any more glossy or matte. Can you really tell that its on?
I just dropped off my car today after a multi day paint correction and reflection enhancement of the paint.
I'll have it back next week, will do ceramic coating and hopefully it's done by next weekend so I can finally drive it after almost a month.

I'm getting Stek PPF, Feynlabs ceramic coating, Feynlabs PPF ceramic coating

It will be probably be glossier than your current paint depending on how much your paint has been corrected.
Nardo might not show the PPF as much.

It's hard to tell in pictures if there is PPF on it. I suggest going to the shop and see one in person.
I'm very sensitive to paint so I can see it from up close.

Your shop is probably using Ceramic Pro which is the most commonly brand used. It's a "good enough" coating

Here is my car after correction, pre ceramic coating. I won't be PPFing the roof
Grille Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sweet. I'll find out tomorrow what they use. The carbon fiber roof is so sick. The build found has the glass roof so I wont be doing that either.
Because I wanted to keep the consistency of the paint, I didn't PPF my doors.
I'm doing the door cups (where your fingers go when opening to door), rocker panel which is an engineering flaw because it's almost a step, then above the door across the bottom.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts