Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Because I wanted to keep the consistency of the paint, I didn't PPF my doors.
I'm doing the door cups (where your fingers go when opening to door), rocker panel which is an engineering flaw because it's almost a step, then above the door across the bottom.
So the ceramic coating they use is GTechniq Halo on the film and they’re C5 on the wheels and brakes.

·
Registered
590 Posts
So the ceramic coating they use is GTechniq Halo on the film and they’re C5 on the wheels and brakes.
Its a good coating, not the highest end, but will do the job, especially for that price.
Its really an incredible price

Its not a requirement to get the wheels and brake calipers done because we don't have much brake dust, but its hydrophobic which has a benefit for the rain and dirt

Are they correcting the paint before installation? If so what will be the process? 2 step?

Also I always advise to pay with credit card if its a shop you don't know and trust. In case there is a problem or dispute, the credit card give you the option to dispute. This is from experience

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yeah paint correction whatever it needs first then the film and then ceramic. I know the guys that have the shop not sure if he’s cutting me a deal or not but I’ll post pictures after it’s done next week sometime. Thanks for the info on the products they’re using I had no idea if they’re good or not.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts