Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The E-Tron tire pressure monitoring feature does not display the current pressure in the tires. Seems like a missing detail in the feature?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree - it’s strange isn’t it - they don’t have full TPMS - they use a system that measures the pressure when you’re driving to assess whether they are under inflated or not ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agreed. Full TPMS has been available for a while now, so it's strange we don't have that in a vehicle this expensive and this advanced. However, I may have an explanation: It seems that full TPMS does not play well with Wireless CarPlay. I have this combination in a 2020 vehicle, and the TPMS occasionally throws errors ("unable to read sensors") when Wireless CarPlay is active. It seems that the frequency used by the TPMS base station to communicate with the wireless sensors in the tires is right smack in the middle of the WiFi frequency range. Whenever this happens, the trick is to disable CarPlay and then re-enable it; then the WiFi access point sees the TPMS signals and selects a different channel. I would like to believe that Audi saw this and decided not to implement TPMS until the problem is resolved. Unfortunately, the truth is probably different.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Agree. Not showing individual tire pressures is pretty much unacceptable in a car that is in this price range. Maybe the car's wireless Car Play system prevents a TPMS system from working properly. The eTron also does not have AM radio. Which was a surprise to us because we had no idea that any car wouldn't have AM radio when we ordered the eTron. But maybe the lack of AM radio also indicates the reason why a full TPMS showing individual tire pressures is not available for the eTron.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts