Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new to Audi, and this forum, and about to make the plunge into buying a RS etron GT. Put in a preliminary build sheet with the dealer a couple months ago and was informed this week that it has been sent off to Audi with anticipated delivery around December-January. At this time, however, they sprung on me that there would be an additional dealership markup of $20K, hence increasing my Year-1 edition RS etron GT to $181K+ USD. I have heard of this on Porsche 911s and such, but are others getting ADM added onto their orders? If it is then for me it isn’t that much more to buy the Porsche Taycan Turbo S, which is just about what I am going to tell them when I cancel my order.

·
Registered
429 Posts
That’s absolutely absurd. If it were me, I’d tell them to take their order and shove it. I’ve never enjoyed being financially raped, which is what this is. But it’s your money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn't do it either. That's ridiculous, and a giant red flag that the dealer is one you don't want to do business with. Are there any other Audi dealers in the area you can talk to about ordering? If not, the Porsche Taycan is certainly a fantastic vehicle. I ended up getting an e-tron SUV , but the Taycan was right up there in the running for me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey, new to Audi, and this forum, and about to make the plunge into buying a RS etron GT. Put in a preliminary build sheet with the dealer a couple months ago and was informed this week that it has been sent off to Audi with anticipated delivery around December-January. At this time, however, they sprung on me that there would be an additional dealership markup of $20K, hence increasing my Year-1 edition RS etron GT to $181K+ USD. I have heard of this on Porsche 911s and such, but are others getting ADM added onto their orders? If it is then for me it isn’t that much more to buy the Porsche Taycan Turbo S, which is just about what I am going to tell them when I cancel my order.
A $20,000 markup is absurd. Which dealer is doing this? I'm sure Audi would like to have a word with them about that.

There's no way I'd give them the time of day for a price like that. If I were you I'd go to another dealer and see what can be done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer marked up the regular GT (non-RS) $25k, the RS by $50k. They just got a couple in on Wednesday and hadnt sold any yet (I did an order but wont get here until Dec/Jan). My salesguy suggested I offer $5k over MSRP and they accepted on the non-RS. The other dealer in my area wasn't doing a markup but sold all 4 of theirs within 24 hours, the ones in transit were already sold, and told me they didnt expect to get any more for 2-4 months and I really needed a new car. From one perspective I paid $5k over MSRP, from another I talked them down 20k to get one of the first in CA. Its a beautiful car, my neighbors came running up when I pulled up asking what car this was

·
Registered
9 Posts
I talked to the other dealer
Hey @Flipping Pancakes. Have you tried other dealerships? How about contacting Audi corporate about it?

@bmo2400 did you just try with one dealer or shopped around to others to possibly avoid the ADM?
I talked to the other dealer in my county that didnt have an ADM and they already sold the 4 they got in (2 GT and 2 RS) in 24 hours, the ones in transit had sold/spoken for, and didnt expect to get any more for 2-4 months and I didnt want to wait as my car needed a lot of repairs/maintenance. I got them down to a $5k markup instead of $25k (plus they gave me an extra $1,000 on my trade-in then originally quoted and some other incentives).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, thanks all for the great advice. The one thing I can say is that not all Audi Dealerships are created equal (duh!). I am not going to call out the particular dealer as I remain hopeful things will end amicability with either surrending on the ADM or return of my deposit, we'll see... I called other dealers in my state and the first two both confirmed that they are not charging ADM on the etron GTs. Yes, maybe I might have to wait a little longer, but I'm totally fine with that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I’m new to the forum but not to Audi (S4, RS4, A3 e-tron). A month ago I went to my dealership to put a deposit on an RS GT. The SA told me that they will most likely be adding a $25K (!) markup to all etron GTs. I said ok, then I guess I won’t be buying it from you.

A few hours ago she called me to say that they just received an available etron GT and, indeed they are adding a $25K markup.

I called my car broker (personal car shopper), from whom we have bought several cars in the past, and told him what I was looking for. He made some calls and said he could get one at MSRP and that when I’m ready to buy, he might even be able to do a little better. His fee is $1K and with him there are absolutely no hassles.

So yeah, I won’t be giving the dealership $25K for doing nothing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Def not - Porsche is on track to sell 40k Taycan this year. It won't be one of the Porsche holding value and no Audi does really.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was looking into a base quattro e-tron gt, 10K markup. What kind of investment is that? We know this is due to low supply and high demand, and the dealerships are moving these cars with the up charge. I told the dealer rep no thanks. In about 6 to 9 months, this will all cool down, and all those markups will be wasted money. People must have plenty of cash to blow I guess; all for the privilege of getting what they want now. It's possible that depreciation for the next year on gently used 2022's is probably minimal, so I guess there is that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For anyone experiencing this, make sure to make it clear that not only won't you buying it from them now, but you will be avoiding that dealer in the future as well due to their shadyness. I would also find the e-mail for the owner of the dealer and let them now that they've lost your business both now and in the future.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You in California?

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
279 Posts
You can get discounts below MSRP on the Taycan, so why pay $20,000 more than MSRP for the GT?

I would stay away from the first year personally. The 2020 Taycans don't even have Plug & Charge yet, while the 2021s have had it for a while.
VW has an attitude that if you want minor (promised) improvements or software bug fixes, you have to upgrade your car like a smartphone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm seeing alot of dealers getting GT inventory, so they shouldn't be marking up, but heck, I guess they can ask but doesn't mean they won't negotiate

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019
61 Posts
It is common to have ADM for the very first few of any desirable car. Don't like that, don't try to get serial number 12. Settle for serial number 120, 1200 or 12,000.

If it was me, I'd go back and say I'd like to delay the order until the price is MSRP. Or even MSRP less a few thousand. And ask them when that is. Thank them for their answer, even if they don't give an answer. And suggest you might have to contact other dealers. And leave.

Reactions: mmmzon

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went to a local CA dealer this weekend excited for the GT test drive only to be met with a $17k ADM. The dealer had three in stock, two sold and one available. They also had six on allotment, but wouldn’t commit to delivery dates or pricing. Clearly this dealer is testing the demand, but turned me off with this practice. The Taycan looks better at this juncture.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went to a local CA dealer this weekend excited for the GT test drive only to be met with a $17k ADM. The dealer had three in stock, two sold and one available. They also had six on allotment, but wouldn’t commit to delivery dates or pricing. Clearly this dealer is testing the demand, but turned me off with this practice. The Taycan looks better at this juncture.
If you are in Socal, try Audi South Coast. They aren't marking up (not allowed to) and texted me yesterday they had a Mythos Black Prestige someone backed out on

1 - 20 of 35 Posts