Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Great Discussion and I think it is important to inform the general buying public that ADM, while a dealer's right, is not uniform across all dealers so be sure to ask and check around. Also question if the e-tron GT really falls into rare hyper-car territory that warrants such a premium. If the Porsche Taycan is any indication, I believe Audi will be making a lot more of this car. There are plenty of dealers not charging ADM and I am glad we are highlighting some of them on this topic. My local dealer (in Washington State) believes that the fair market value of the e-tron GT and RS e-tron GT are List + $10K and $20K respectively. I am sure there are folks with deep pockets willing to pay it, but I am not one of them. If it means I wait a bit longer to get mine, that's ok by me. I wasn't intending on taking delivery until December or January anyway.

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
168 Posts
This is, of course, common with new and “hot” models. My dealer advised me today that they had heard the first four GTs at one of the East Bay (NorCal) dealers had all been marked up $12k. Rumor has it that Palo Alto is marking up their inventory even more. We might think this is “unethical” (a comical term for car sales), but the reality is that the market will bear what it will bear. FWIW, the car is even more beautiful in person and drives amazing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, new to Audi, and this forum, and about to make the plunge into buying a RS etron GT. Put in a preliminary build sheet with the dealer a couple months ago and was informed this week that it has been sent off to Audi with anticipated delivery around December-January. At this time, however, they sprung on me that there would be an additional dealership markup of $20K, hence increasing my Year-1 edition RS etron GT to $181K+ USD. I have heard of this on Porsche 911s and such, but are others getting ADM added onto their orders? If it is then for me it isn’t that much more to buy the Porsche Taycan Turbo S, which is just about what I am going to tell them when I cancel my order.
Hi there, I shop for the e-tron GT RS in three Audi dealership in the Dallas area, unfortunately the one closest to me asked for the 20K markup, which is ridiculous as the other two dealership didn't. Suffice to say that I placed an order with a different Audi and now I am in line for a build. This week all three dealers got a "surprise" delivery of 3 e-tron GT RS and one e-tron GT. They will be allocated to the first person on the Wait/Build list provided that they agree on the color delivery. Amazingly, the dealer with the markup policy remains set on add 20K to the price.... (Don't pay it!!!!!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a dealership at msrp if I like the car. Never really considered it until the past couple days when I saw they had one at the dealership. I’m testing it out tomorrow. Has anyone paid BELOW sticker on it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, new to Audi, and this forum, and about to make the plunge into buying a RS etron GT. Put in a preliminary build sheet with the dealer a couple months ago and was informed this week that it has been sent off to Audi with anticipated delivery around December-January. At this time, however, they sprung on me that there would be an additional dealership markup of $20K, hence increasing my Year-1 edition RS etron GT to $181K+ USD. I have heard of this on Porsche 911s and such, but are others getting ADM added onto their orders? If it is then for me it isn’t that much more to buy the Porsche Taycan Turbo S, which is just about what I am going to tell them when I cancel my order.

The market will eventually cool off but you can't compare what is going on right now with a "normal" economy, and especially when it comes to extremely desirable new models in short supply. I've already had a couple people stop me in the parking lot to ask me about my new etron Sportback. Everyone has seen a Tesla. Not many have seen Audi's EV's.
This is my 5th Audi, and I'm really liking it.

But as the article above says, there is a tremendous shortage of both new and used cars as a result of the pandemic, so shop wisely. (The same thing is going on with real estate right now, for some different reasons, but still related to post-pandemic recovery.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a dealership at msrp if I like the car. Never really considered it until the past couple days when I saw they had one at the dealership. I’m testing it out tomorrow. Has anyone paid BELOW sticker on it?
As a long-time customer, I was offered a discount, but ended up paying MSRP at a different dealer which had car with my specs in port. Considering the possibly extended delay in deliveries, I am buying the MSRP car (“one in the hand, two in the bush” situation,). I didn’t want to wait until April 2023 to get my tax rebate due to 2022 delivery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
go for the Porche its the same floor plan and they will look after you better than Audi in the uk we bought an Etron 55 last year audi have had it longer than we have they have offered to swop the car but here is the kicker the same car but £400.00 per month more on contract and we lose the deposit , in the 8 months we've had the car which is great but we have a lemon of a car and Audi want us to pay the price not Audi. we are on a 12k mileage contract and in 8 months only done 3K , C J Kelly England ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a long-time customer, I was offered a discount, but ended up paying MSRP at a different dealer which had car with my specs in port. Considering the possibly extended delay in deliveries, I am buying the MSRP car (“one in the hand, two in the bush” situation,). I didn’t want to wait until April 2023 to get my tax rebate due to 2022 delivery.
What type of discount?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I checked with 2 dealers in my area - one was adding $10k as a ‘market adjustment’. I went with other, previous experience dealer, no adjustments and ordered their last allocation. I recommend patience!

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
279 Posts
Find a dealer that isn't partaking in this greedy nonsense and fly out there. Have a nice little road trip back home. That's the best way to get to know a car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new member here (my first post). I remember when the original e-Tron came out the dealer also tried to make it seem like they are flying off the lots and wanted over MSRP. 6 months later they had them listed at a $5K below MSRP online. I opted for another Tesla then because the driving experience was so much better then. Planning on test driving the GT RS when available at local dealership (possibly this weekend). I do want to switch out of my Tesla to GT RS with performance package, but not desperate enough to pay ADM (perhaps I could be persuaded to buy Year One package instead of the Carbon Performance to get it now instead of next year, if is it possible to disable the dynamic steering ratio). The GT RS performance is actually a tad slower on paper than my current Model S, and the Models S is driving fine, so I'm fine driving the Model S for a while longer. Perhaps Taycan Cross Turismo will become an option too, or perhaps the Merc EQS - I know the EQS performance is slower, but everything else seems so nice I think I might be willing to go up to 4 seconds 0-60. If Audi dealers keep on insisting on ADM until Cross Turismo and/or EQS become available, they may not get the sale from me at all. Perhaps they don't care, which is fine by me too - if I like the next brand of EV, I'm likely to stay with them for a while (I bought 4 brand new Model S's to date, but cannot swallow the steering yoke with touch instead of stalks, or some of the Tesla treatment of customers).

·
Registered
19 Posts
The market will start slowing especially going into the colder months. THE crazies are about to see a shift, we Are noticing it at the auction. No reason to pay over MSRP for a depreciating asset Unless you don’t have a lot of time left on this planet and must have it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The same NorCal dealer that last week wanted $17k over called yesterday asking if I was interested at MSRP. Only one week and the price reduced!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just bought one on Friday in Los Angeles. All dealers are asking for 25,000 over MSRP. Found a dealer that would sell for a few thousand over so I bought it. I would never have considered 25,000. I'll never remember the few thousand though, and the car is amazing.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts