Audi e-tron Forum banner

Took me a while but..

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  4Rings 
#1 ·
Hi there! I’m a new UK member and have owned my e-tron Launch Edition 55 for a year now, although only covered 3k miles due to a fairly young family member and now Covid19. I’ve had a stack of issues with the virtual mirrors but they are all fixed now under warranty. My car got back yesterday following a couple of service campaigns and everything is good!

#7 ·
In UK we only had the option of silver headlining, but I chose black leather and brushed aluminium trim - which I love.
You can see the aluminium trim in this photo (which was to highlight a mirror problem I had).

Personally I’ve really struggled with keeping the gloss piano black angled surfaces either side of the MMI looking dust and haze free, it just really bugs me that I have to clean/dust the car every time I get in. Maybe that says more about me than the car though.

Attachments

#8 ·
Yes, it’s my first. I have owned several Audi cars but nearly went Tesla several times. Then the e-tron came along so I made the deposit December 2018 and been happy with the decision. I still don’t do enough miles to justify it though so it’s more of a prized possession than a car really 😇

#10 ·
What problems did you have with the mirrors? I picked up my launch edition end of November but had problems with glare, halos and control display popping up unannounced. Gave the car back straight away. No solution to problem even by March, so I rejected it. Getting an eton sportback now.

#11 ·
I've had the full gamut of problems, now resolved following a total of 4 service campaigns (mostly) involving mirror fixes. New tech like this was always going to involve some teething problems but I incorrectly assumed that the software testing would have been more complete than in reality it was following delivery. A quick summary of the problems is seen here: #100 but the whole thread seems to include a whole load of similar issues. I think you dodged a bullet with your car perhaps, although now the issues appear fixed I'm quite hopeful.

#13 ·
No virtual mirrors this time! A daft gimmick i added in haste, repented at leisure. Glad they work for some, but to me they are a liability. Who knows when they can fail, the good old fashioned fixtures and fittings (i.e. glass mirrors) are sometimes best. Just like steering a car one handed with a joystick might seem cool, but it can't replace a steering wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.