Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered if you fitted a tracker to your car. After discussing with several insurance companies in the UK, some say the app is good enough others say not so we installed a tracker anyway as we want to be certain that we would be covered

·
Registered
78 Posts
As far as i can see, it obviously already has an inbuilt tracker so I would be very annoyed to have to pay for one on top!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as i can see, it obviously already has an inbuilt tracker so I would be very annoyed to have to pay for one on top!
Well not all insurance companies would agree, one if the benefits of a tracker apart from being able to plot a route is they can emit a radio signal to help police locate the car, anyway individual choice I guess having spent so much money I decided to do it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well not all insurance companies would agree, one if the benefits of a tracker apart from being able to plot a route is they can emit a radio signal to help police locate the car, anyway individual choice I guess having spent so much money I decided to do it
Absolutely, good point! Mines a salary sacrifice company car so I neither own it or insure it, if I did I'm sure I would feel differently! Enjoy the new car anyway, I love my Etron!

·
Registered
e Tron GT with lots of goodies
52 Posts
I had to in the end, in order to get insurance (here in Denmark). Found the same with my Tesla Model X 3 years ago, which has a much more reliable online connectivity package than this car. After 3 years, the insurer told me it wasn’t necessary on the X anymore (at least I could cancel the annual subscription) but still required it on the GT.

I get the feeling that with newer cars, they just require it until they get around to updating their lists, which might be every few years. Dunno. I used to think that they just wanted the additional one because thieves might not look for it to disable it, but… cancelling the requirement on the X kinda blew that theory out of the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts