Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron Quattro, Navarra Blue
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised to suddenly see the Traffic Light Information display show up on my '22 E-Tron. After all, Fort Collins is not really a big metropolitan area but somehow they managed to get real time info for most traffic lights into their Audi Connect system.

While quite impressive technically, I find it a bit useless, though. Counting down the seconds of red light in the dash display does not make it go green any faster and my speed while "green" is usually more dictated by traffic than a choice. Oh well, another gadget.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It does give you an idea when the light is going to change, and the mph it displays tells you how fast you need to go to get there when the light is green. Whether it works or not depends on the State DOT and whether they have activated the system. Audi does not collect the data and put it into their own system. They just link you to the smart traffic light system in your DOT region. If you were REALLY important, you could change the lights on command!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I do not know if this applies to US but the system also can communicate bidirectionally and change the light if no conflict (and give feedback to the car). At least in other countries.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-tron Prestige, Glacier White Metallic
95 Posts
I was surprised to suddenly see the Traffic Light Information display show up on my '22 E-Tron. After all, Fort Collins is not really a big metropolitan area but somehow they managed to get real time info for most traffic lights into their Audi Connect system.

While quite impressive technically, I find it a bit useless, though. Counting down the seconds of red light in the dash display does not make it go green any faster and my speed while "green" is usually more dictated by traffic than a choice. Oh well, another gadget.
Do you know where this setting can be configured in the settings menu?

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-tron Prestige, Glacier White Metallic
95 Posts
I don't think you can configure it. It is part of the Connect Prime subscription. What would you want to configure?
I just wanted to confirm where in the settings it could be enabled or disabled. I’ve road tripped my 21 Prestige a lot and haven’t seen this feature in use. Was curious about it after seeing Kyle Connors recent Twitter post. Thanks for the update!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts