Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New member here coming from a lease ending Tesla. Little nervous making the switch but I think it should be fine. I am purchasing the car out of state. I live in IL and the vehicle is in OH. I created another thread in the battery section to determine if I would be able to drive the car home while stopping at high power chargers as opposed to destination chargers. My fear is that I would arrive at a charger and it wouldn't work, the car wouldn't accept it, or someone would be blocking the space (all occurred with Tesla). Hence my reason for creating this thread. I played with the idea of shipping the car, but was wondering if anyone has done that and what your experience was like.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Hi there,

I haven't shipped a vehicle, but most dealers have some experience with that. They may be able to recommend somebody that they've had good luck with.

Personally, I probably wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as you plan some alternate nearby backup charging stations, you should be good. Worse case, you have to spend a bit more time charging at a slower rate. But do understand the concern with a relatively long drive where you aren't familiar with the various networks.

Although this might be a good opportunity to do that, perhaps? ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts