Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

Do you think the turn signal sound is too loud?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I have noticed and my wife hates is how loud the turn signal sound is. Anyone know anyway to adjust this? Sometimes when I’m on a call people on the other end even ask what that noise is!

·
Registered
2022 e-tron GT Prestige Performance
60 Posts
Mine was super loud, had it in a few weeks ago hoping to get HUD turn by turn and radio favorites problems fixed. Neither of those were fixed but they applied what updates they had. I realized yesterday that, while the turn signals might still be louder than any car I've been in for over 10 years, they are now quieter than they were before the updates. Or maybe my brain has started turning them down 🤷‍♂️

October 21 build.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Exceptionally loud turn signal sound is a known bug. Generally it sorts itself within a few hours and a few re-starts of the car.
Hmm. I have had mine since Nov 2021, still loud, still annoying. I know, 1st world probs.

·
Registered
2022 e-tron Sportback
185 Posts
It was the same in our 2020 Taycan and again in our 2022 Taycan. Insanely loud blinker and it sounds like an old relay clicker. Annoying, but I guess at least you K N O W the blinker in on ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
So take a look on these forums for this subject. This has been a subject of dialog since the GT was released. For some, its seems to lower over time, for others it remains loud.

On mine, its rediculously loud. We own other Audi vehicles and its significantly louder than those.

I just turn up the radio volume to hide it.

;-p

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2022 GT has a super loud turn signal, I mean really loud, like you cannot be on the phone and not have the person on the other end of the line comment about it. I really do not like it. This needs a solution and my dealer says no options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The audio engineering in this car is a disaster. It's drives me bonkers.

Indeed, the turn signal is insanely loud—sounds like they recorded a Skoda's turn signal. I've also had people on the phone ask me what that noise is (through AirPods, not the car mic).

I also find the artificial engine noise incredibly loud, annoying and pointless. I'm not talking about the external noise to warn pedestrians, rather the noises coming from the speakers inside the car to somehow engage the driver? It seems to go away at speeds greater than 45mph, but it is especially annoying between 25mph-35mph.

Our other car is an eTron SUV—both the turn signal and cabin noises are fine. Don't know why they did just copy them. (Outside of the heating controls, I far prefer the eTron SUV cabin experience over the GT. Clearly the inexperience and overzealous GT product manager prioritized "cool" over usability).

Anyone know how to hack the audio settings? I'd buy an interface just for that purpose.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The turn signal in my GT has always been pleasant.
The other day, I had to reboot the MMI and the turn signal became very loud.
The next I started the car, the turn signal was back to my quite signal.
So, apparently, it can be adjusted, but not necessarily by us.

·
Registered
87 Posts
^^^
I had an occurrence in my SUV, I started the car and all the notifications were massively loud, turn signals and dash beeps alike. Re-starting the car resolved it, but rebooting the MMI is certainly worth a try too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My turn signal volume has been "quiet" for over a year. This morning, I finally experienced what ya'll have been talking about. SUPER loud clicks. I haven't done anything to the car recently - no updates, etc. There was a map update yesterday that came over the air. I tried rebooting the MMI after my trip this morning, that didn't help. Here's hoping that when I go out later today, it's back to being quiet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts