Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
369 Posts
I'm not sure that's true. The manual doesn't say you need to turn ESC off to use LC. On my RS3, you had to put ESC into Sport mode to use LC. But that car had 3 options for ESC. Full on, sport, and full off. For the GT, it's only on or off.

I think if you had to turn off ESC to use LC, the manual would specify that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure that's true. The manual doesn't say you need to turn ESC off to use LC. On my RS3, you had to put ESC into Sport mode to use LC. But that car had 3 options for ESC. Full on, sport, and full off. For the GT, it's only on or off.

I think if you had to turn off ESC to use LC, the manual would specify that.
Perhaps the reference to this is just that with ESC off you're not going to stunt the power due to traction issues?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah i mean, it makes sense you would get a better launch if you allowed for a bit of wheel spin without cutting the power. It just seems like a salient point worth mentioning in the manual under launch control. That they did not include it there makes me think the car accounts for that already.

Would be easy enough to test with Dragy and a couple of runs manually disabling ESC versus leaving it on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Perhaps the reference to this is just that with ESC off you're not going to stunt the power due to traction issues?
actually I think there is so much power that the car almost always uses traction control to insure maximum power to the ground. Otherwise you are just contributing money to tire makers at the level of power….

Reactions: Corbets

·
Registered
369 Posts
i read that as just gunning it without invoking launch control. who knows. once i get the summer tires on i’ll do some comparisons with Dragy. i suspect launch control already changed the ESC to a more sport version that is otherwise not accessible

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didn’t really notice any difference in acceleration using LC with ESC on or off; however, the car will go completely sideways into a four wheel drift if you floor it from a standstill with ESC off while trying to merge with traffic at a slight angle :) I wouldn’t recommend this for anyone that can’t truly control a car in a slide because this thing is heavy and more difficult to reign back in If you upset the balance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts