Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will wait until Oregon approves this Q4 for the tax credit of $2500 just like the ID4, and also see if Costco will add to discount. I am in no rush to give a dealer extra money for a car.
thats good because of you’re ordering one it will be 6+ mos. before you see the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have decided to pass. Say the Pebble Gray in a YT Review and it is too bland for me. When they bring real colors to the US I may change my mind.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have decided to pass. Say the Pebble Gray in a YT Review and it is too bland for me. When they bring real colors to the US I may change my mind.
Here in the UK we have the Edition 1 spec which would be broadly equivalent to the US spec. It has the body coloured arches and lower body trim parts and also has the same limted 4 colours.

Pebble Grey
Glacier White
Navarra Blue
Mythos Black

Thankfully here in the UK we can choose S Line, Sport, or Vorsprung trim and we get the nicer contrasting arches and lower body trim, as well as some additional colour choices.

Floret Silver
Geyser Blue
Typhoon Grey
Aurorat Violet

I thougt pebble grey looked OK in some pictures. But when I saw Pebble Grey vs Typhoon Grey in the metal, it was very apparent how much more dynamic and stunning the Typhoon grey looked. Even in a showroom the way the light reacted to the metallic paint, compared to the more bland gloss grey was very apparent to me. Outside in direct sunlight the difference was even more stark IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, Peeble Grey looked OK, but the metallic Typhoon Grey just looked it had more life to it.

Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Automotive tire
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
19 Posts
If they were going to bring only 4 colors, make then good metallic colors. I wonder if the Pebble Gray is to appeal to those looking for a more matte looking color.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I want Mythos Black to look better than it does on the Q4. It's a great color on other cars. Maybe it looks better in person than in the photos I've seen.

ETA: I think part of it is those **** black plastic inserts on the front. They really stand out against the color of the mb paint.

·
Registered
24 Posts
According to my dealer: "Heat pump is confirmed for Premium Plus and Prestige models. Year two they usually add more colors. With today's climate we are unsure. Sounds like some units will go in production end of November, so looking more like after January."

·
Registered
139 Posts
According to my dealer: "Heat pump is confirmed for Premium Plus and Prestige models. Year two they usually add more colors. With today's climate we are unsure. Sounds like some units will go in production end of November, so looking more like after January."
did he happen to have insight on RWD or quattro coming first?

·
Registered
52 Posts
did he happen to have insight on RWD or quattro coming first?
I think that's still happening, for dealer allocations. I'm been told US ordering should open up during the first weeks of November, probably after some of the allocations show up on lots. The chip shortage and supply chain backlog are impacting all manufacturers at this point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am torn between the Audi Q4 and the VW ID4. I have had my mind set now for years to buy an Audi - and now the Q4. But, when you add up everything and pay MSRP (my dealer is telling me no discount), the Audi is $6,000 more than the VW ID4.
I am looking at Q4 Premium Plus in Blue with Technology Packet, and the VW Pro S in Blue.

I know the Audi is a luxury car vs. the VW, but do you really get more than the VW for $6K?

Thoughts? I am in the USA - Oregon

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am torn between the Audi Q4 and the VW ID4. I have had my mind set now for years to buy an Audi - and now the Q4. But, when you add up everything and pay MSRP (my dealer is telling me no discount), the Audi is $6,000 more than the VW ID4.
I am looking at Q4 Premium Plus in Blue with Technology Packet, and the VW Pro S in Blue.

I know the Audi is a luxury car vs. the VW, but do you really get more than the VW for $6K?

The interior design of the ID.4 is just a big "nope" for me. Capacitive buttons everywhere. Why are there only 2 window switches? Why aren't there a dedicated lock and lock buttons? Touchscreen for climate controls. Goofy tiny dashboard display.
Is that worth it? I dunno. At this rate, Audi is going to have a lot more competition by the time it is actually available.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I would say the ID4 Pro S is more comparable to the Audi Q4 Premium (not plus) with $1,800 convenience package. That would be $46,745 for the Audi vs $45,690 for the VW (both after delivery and before tax rebates). Audi is the easy choice for me on looks alone, although you could probably get the ID4 sooner. Also, the ID4 Pro S might have some specific extra enhanced tech options that you are looking for - those aren't a huge priority for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A friend just got last week an ID4 Pro S so will look very closely at his. I am on the list for our Audi dealer in Oregon. Thanks for your notes

·
Registered
52 Posts
So December turned into Q1 for US ordering & 1st allocations. The supply chain shortage has really taken a toll in the US. All dealer lots look like prime territory for a Ken Block demonstration!

Happy Hollidays everyone! Stay safe and dream of Q4s...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I want Mythos Black to look better than it does on the Q4. It's a great color on other cars. Maybe it looks better in person than in the photos I've seen.

ETA: I think part of it is those **** black plastic inserts on the front. They really stand out against the color of the mb paint.
Really? I am intrigued. I think it looks terrific personally. I'm not sure whether I'm gonna go for Typhoon Grey or Mythos mind.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts