Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
At the rate things are going it might be nice to have the $1k back in my pocket.

My current concern are the massive ADMs here locally. At Audi Mission Viejo the markups we're as high as $50k for the fossil cars they DO have. $20k ADM for a Q5 fossil I saw.

How much will the ADMs be for the Q4s when they actually arrive? I shudder to think about it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
At the rate things are going it might be nice to have the $1k back in my pocket.

My current concern are the massive ADMs here locally. At Audi Mission Viejo the markups we're as high as $50k for the fossil cars they DO have. $20k ADM for a Q5 fossil I saw.

don't much care about them having my thousand bucks for now though. Even at 10% return that's negligible over the course of a year.

How much will the ADMs be for the Q4s when they actually arrive? I shudder to think about it.
I won't pay over MSRP, and my dealer claims they won't put on a markup. We shall see... in 2078, when they start fulfilling orders in the US

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an email from my dealer stating nothing over MSRP. Still waiting to a. see the cars arrive in the USA, and b. will all the tax credits come about (Oregon).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got an email from my dealer last week saying they now expect the first Q4s "in March or so" 🤞. Still no info on when they can receive custom orders.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm in Southern California. I ordered an Etron GT at MSRP and my dealer is selling Q4s for MSRP. ETA is now March/April
PM me if in SoCal

·
Registered
6 Posts
"Cars will be available [today's date + 3 months]"
Here are some sentences from an email I got from my local dealer on New Year's Eve:

"Volkswagen has had trouble getting the Chattanooga plant retrofitted and ready to support the production of the iD4. The iD4 is currently built in Germany and is taking up a lot of the production time that the Q4 needs to be mass produced.

Audi has now pushed back the launch of the Q4 until the end of Q1 into early Q2 2022."

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here are some sentences from an email I got from my local dealer on New Year's Eve:

"Volkswagen has had trouble getting the Chattanooga plant retrofitted and ready to support the production of the iD4. The iD4 is currently built in Germany and is taking up a lot of the production time that the Q4 needs to be mass produced.

Audi has now pushed back the launch of the Q4 until the end of Q1 into early Q2 2022."
Ya know, it's interesting because that actually makes a certain level of sense. Doesn't mean it's not BS, but it's very PLAUSIBLE BS.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've have a deposit down on a Q4 since November but all the order/delivery delays, configuration changes and missing US features due to the supply chain issue, chip shortage or COVID has me reconsidering the Q4 as a primary driver (no top down camera, no wireless phone charger, pathetic exterior color choices, lack of adaptive suspension, to name a few).

I was initially planning to replace my 2020 Subaru Forester Touring daily driver with the Q4 and just rent a car for really long trips but am now considering an alternative. I just reserved a fully loaded BRG 2023 MINI SE for about 1/2 the cost of the Q4 - with a June-July delivery, about the same as the Q4 since Audi is not accepting US orders until March - April. The MINI SE only goes half as far on a charge but it's is more that twice the fun! I figure I can keep the Subaru for longe trips and MINI around the city in the SE.

I may punt on this idea depending on which one arrives first but I feel good about having an alternative.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I really don't know what the alternative would be if I had to pick another EV.

EQC definitely no. Awful suspension.
Polestar no. Door window too high. Lack of custom options not acceptable.
Volvo no. Too many call backs at this stage and range is pretty poor.
All Asian vehicles nope. Awful looks. And I really don't trust Chinese range estimates.
Tesla, no. Hate the interior and noise levels.
Ford no. Ugly exterior.
Bmw no. Ugliest grill I've ever seen.

Not the easiest decision.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm trying out a Nissan Leaf right now. It's so fun to drive and looks great. But the lack of a CCS port is an obvious huge negative and it needs to have about 10% more room inside than it does for me at almost 6'2". It also lacks a lot of frills, but it's efficient and smooth. Plus I can turn off One Pedal driving unlike our MYLR we are trying to sell. The Mach-E was also a fail for me after a 24 hour test drive.

Right now, I have reservations on a Q4 a P*2 and a Nissan Ariya, but I'm also not a fan of the high windows. I haven't been inside any of these, but I imagine I could find a P*2 to try out.

We have the Volvo XC40 P8 but it's range has been doing funny things. It's a thirsty car for sure.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah I'm extremely, extremely concerned that I might not be able to get the sport seats because I just learned how narrow they are, and if I can't get the sport seats I don't get the thigh extensions, and if I can't get the thigh extensions I can't get the car.

There's basically nothing else out there that I can take seriously if I want a midsize SUV with a nice interior and creature comforts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm trying out a Nissan Leaf right now. It's so fun to drive and looks great. But the lack of a CCS port is an obvious huge negative and it needs to have about 10% more room inside than it does for me at almost 6'2". It also lacks a lot of frills, but it's efficient and smooth. Plus I can turn off One Pedal driving unlike our MYLR we are trying to sell. The Mach-E was also a fail for me after a 24 hour test drive.

Right now, I have reservations on a Q4 a P*2 and a Nissan Ariya, but I'm also not a fan of the high windows. I haven't been inside any of these, but I imagine I could find a P*2 to try out.

We have the Volvo XC40 P8 but it's range has been doing funny things. It's a thirsty car for sure.
I drive leaf quite a bit as company cars. Not the best range mind.

I really like xc40. If Volvo had more experience with EVs, less call backs, and better range. I would most likely have bought one.
The range is not even the biggest issue, but with so many break issues I can't consider that as a family car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I drive leaf quite a bit as company cars. Not the best range mind.

I really like xc40. If Volvo had more experience with EVs, less call backs, and better range. I would most likely have bought one.
The range is not even the biggest issue, but with so many break issues I can't consider that as a family car.
It's looking many of the issues with the XC40 may be caused by a poorly-sealed TCAM module that's located under the antenna fin. Apparently bad things can happen when this module gets wet, and a lot of users are reporting gaps under their fin. Volvo is aware of this issue and is starting to send out TSBs. I'm hopeful that this will lead to changes on assembly line and faster and easier resolutions for owners of affected models.

Anyway, I've got a reservation on an XC40 due this spring and an Ariya due in the fall. If Volvo starts resolving most of their issues soon, I'll probably stick to my original plan and get it. I'm not super hopeful about the Ariya, though. If I have to I'll wait and see if I can reserve a GV60 or maybe even a Lexus RZ. The Q4 is on my list, too, but the decontenting is a real turn-off. And who knows how long I'd have to wait for one, since I'm not on a dealer wait list yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What's worse about my Q4 reservation is the dealer won't tell us what the ADM (markup) will be until the vehicle is delivered. But we haven't even ordered it yet! I've had the $1k deposit into the dealer (MV Audi) since September.

He basically said the ADM will be whatever the "market conditions" are like, at delivery. Madness, it really is turning me off, but I am trying to get the attention of another local dealer thanks to the referral you gave me, @Ps702 (he hasn't responded yet though).

Last time I was in MV Audi about a month ago, they had a $20k ADM for a Q5 and a $50k ADM for an R8, both ICE vehicles. It makes me think the Q4 ADM might be at least $20k as well, if they had any to sell rn.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What's worse about my Q4 reservation is the dealer won't tell us what the ADM (markup) will be until the vehicle is delivered. But we haven't even ordered it yet! I've had the $1k deposit into the dealer (MV Audi) since September.

He basically said the ADM will be whatever the "market conditions" are like, at delivery. Madness, it really is turning me off, but I am trying to get the attention of another local dealer thanks to the referral you gave me, @Ps702 (he hasn't responded yet though).

Last time I was in MV Audi about a month ago, they had a $20k ADM for a Q5 and a $50k ADM for an R8.
Be willing to drive a bit and email around. I'm gonna have to go about 90 miles from home but have a dealer more than happy to sell at MSRP.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts