Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Audi contact in Naples, Florida just informed me that they expect to get their first allocation of Q4s in November. This allocation will only include rear wheel drive cars.
We have been told that system engineers have to rewrite the entire coding for the Q4 for the US Market and are unsure when we will see it. No dealership out of good faith should be collecting deposits until dealers get there physical allocations in the pipe and they know how many each dealership will receive. That will be based on sold units, csi etc..

·
Registered
9 Posts
One dealer told me no deposit until they get allocations, which to me is BS. Create a sign up sheet and take a deposit to hold place in line. Once they get allocations it will be a free for all. Have to say Volvo went all online for XC40 and C40 and VW is online and I prefer those systems, I leave a deposits, get reservation and am in line. Since it is hard to haggle with cars due to chip shortage then this system works well.
Wish it was that easy Keith but it’s not. Dealerships don’t get an endless supply of cars. Audi gives each dealership allotments based on several factors including there area of influence.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We have been told that system engineers have to rewrite the entire coding for the Q4 for the US Market and are unsure when we will see it.
I don’t doubt that’s the word that has come down the line, but I would be shocked if it was the ‘entire’ coding vs. the coding for a subsystem or component to meet a regional requirement.

It takes years and years to create and validate the entire codebase for a vehicle so if they are starting from scratch the car is not gonna happen.

For example, and in contrast, VW is still happily selling ID.4s which share an enormous amount of software under the skin. That’s the whole point of platforms where base software can be shared across makes, models, and markets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What features are removed from the US version (besides the matrix lights that I am not sure are DOT approved)
I'm thinking of the adaptive suspension, progressive steering, Homelink garage door opener, 360-degree surround view camera. I was also wanting the heads-up display, and I think that was restricted by Audi to just the higher-trim 4WD models, and I wanted the 2WD version.

I remember all these things being available in Europe on ID.4 and/or Q4, or expected/hoped-for in the US Q4. It's been a while since I looked at it, though, so please pardon me if I omitted anything or listed anything incorrectly.

·
Registered
Q4 50 Vorsprung - OW 26|BW 37|CW 49
75 Posts
I'm thinking of the adaptive suspension, progressive steering, Homelink garage door opener, 360-degree surround view camera. I was also wanting the heads-up display, and I think that was restricted by Audi to just the higher-trim 4WD models, and I wanted the 2WD version.

I remember all these things being available in Europe on ID.4 and/or Q4, or expected/hoped-for in the US Q4. It's been a while since I looked at it, though, so please pardon me if I omitted anything or listed anything incorrectly.
Sorry to disappoint you but only very limited markets have access to the 360 camera, the US is not one of those markets I believe.

Last time I looked not even the Germans had access to that feature, only bizarrely in Norway was it able to be spec'd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did Audi increase the price of the AWD?
It looks like they increased the price of Premium Plus trim, RWD and AWD, by $1300. I can't see any difference in features, and the base Premium trim price is unchanged. Comparing Premium with comfort package to Premium Plus, it looks like they are now asking an additional $2300 to add adaptive cruise, paddles to the steering wheel, and extra led lighting, when it used to be $1000 difference. Not that we can buy one....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I gave up, too. Dealer has gone silent, features removed for the US market, no Q4s in sight.

I got the electric Ford Mustang GT instead. Different kind of car, but lots of fun and wicked fast. And most importantly, it actually exists in the USA!
I'm glad you like the Mach-E. I rented one for a day and it wasn't for me, but yes they are here in numbers!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yep the price increased. My old Prestige config (When I put down a dealer down payment to get on "the list") was $60,040 and now it's $61,490 without Homelink - a $1,450 increase. I hope the top down camera comes back as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Please PM me if you know of a socal dealer selling q4 etron at MSRP, thanks!
Audi USA has not released the Q4 in the US. Dealers can’t order them yet but many are accepting reservations, money down for a place in line when ordering does open up. Their best estimate is late June which means you will most likely not see the car until 2023. Could be longer.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts