Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah it's a fecal festival. Already ordered an ID4 (but not locked, so presumably no chance of getting it), going to order the Lexus as well I guess, and maybe the Cadillac, and drive whatever arrives first until I can get my Q4.
Ditto, also have a GLB and MACH-E GT on order. If I had to guess based on what I know today, we'll get the GLB first (which is also my wife's first choice), and the MACH-E second, which means the Q4 will most likely never see our garage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nothing new it seems? I read on the Canada thread that some Q4's are "sitting" in Halifax, so there really are some on the continent, FWIW.
I got this information from my local Audi rep who had just attended a training session iN chicago last week:

"On Thursday Audi held a meeting to discuss the timing of the Q4 e-tron. We have been working to get that car here and ramp up production for the estimated demand. All of the 2022s that will be built have been built and are awaiting approval to be released. From what they told us, all of the 2022s (less than 300 it sounds like) are destined to be demo vehicles at the dealership so the customer can drive one before ordering their 2023. They have said they hope to have ordering opened up by the end of the year. That could mean July or that could mean December, they aren’t able to give an exact date. "

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got this information from my local Audi rep who had just attended a training session iN chicago last week:

"On Thursday Audi held a meeting to discuss the timing of the Q4 e-tron. We have been working to get that car here and ramp up production for the estimated demand. All of the 2022s that will be built have been built and are awaiting approval to be released. From what they told us, all of the 2022s (less than 300 it sounds like) are destined to be demo vehicles at the dealership so the customer can drive one before ordering their 2023. They have said they hope to have ordering opened up by the end of the year. That could mean July or that could mean December, they aren’t able to give an exact date. "

They are just breathtakingly incompetent when it comes to customer service and communications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer indicated for US "...News on Q4 is likely going to be end of year or 2023. They are still sorting out programming and shortages."
I was told on Friday from my dealer (So Cal) that they have yet to get specific allocation information but a shipment of around 1200 units had arrived in Long Beach and it is awaiting release.

There is no date on that release and they will "get what they get" on this first distribution of 3-5 Q4's per dealer. No time table on any future shipments - his guess was late summer/fall on next round.

My take - Audi USA is waiting to get some of the bigger software issues resolved before sending them out to reduce already high frustration levels.

🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told on Friday from my dealer (So Cal) that they have yet to get specific allocation information but a shipment of around 1200 units had arrived in Long Beach and it is awaiting release.
I got a similar story this weekend - no anticipated demo vehicles and no date for start of production.

Does it seem weird to you for vehicles to ship into Long Beach? I would have thought it was more cost effective to land on the east coast.

I know that the Chinese freight I encounter for work all lands on the west coast and it trucked over land. I'm in Atlanta, so the ports at Savannah and Charleston are much closer, but maybe it's because the companies I'm buying from all have their North American distribution on the west coast.

Fred

·
Registered
444 Posts
I got a similar story this weekend - no anticipated demo vehicles and no date for start of production.

Does it seem weird to you for vehicles to ship into Long Beach? I would have thought it was more cost effective to land on the east coast.

I know that the Chinese freight I encounter for work all lands on the west coast and it trucked over land. I'm in Atlanta, so the ports at Savannah and Charleston are much closer, but maybe it's because the companies I'm buying from all have their North American distribution on the west coast.

Fred
VW ports
Baltimore, MD
Benicia, CA (NorCal) San Francisco)
Davisville, RI (Providence)
Houston, TX
Jacksonville, FL
San Diego, CA (SoCal)

101 - 120 of 122 Posts