Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm hoping to take delivery of my e-tron 50 in the next few months (ordered this weekend) and this will be my first BEV and first Audi. I've owned a PHEV for over 18 months so only ever used destination chargers - home, workplace and sometimes shopping centres - all free of charge. I've been following the BEV world for a couple of years and hear horror stories about networks like Electric Highway not working on some makes and models.

My question is: which UK charging networks work well with the e-tron on rapid chargers? Electric Highway? Pod-Point? Ionity? Polar? BP ChargeMaster? CYC? Shell? Are there any known problems? What sort of rates do you get? I understand the 50 is limited to 120kW whereas the 55 can do 150kW. Can anyone confirm that? The dealer wasn't 100% sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same place as you, just ordered a e-tron 50 and moving over from a plug-in BMW 330e. I don't make many long journeys, with most less than 60 miles, but occasionally need to do 250 mile round trip in a day, so will need to recharge. This car is either going to be the best thing ever or my downfall. UK Charging infrastructure is weak, but hopefully I can find one when needed and it can only improve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi - I'm hoping to take delivery of my e-tron 50 in the next few months (ordered this weekend) and this will be my first BEV and first Audi. I've owned a PHEV for over 18 months so only ever used destination chargers - home, workplace and sometimes shopping centres - all free of charge. I've been following the BEV world for a couple of years and hear horror stories about networks like Electric Highway not working on some makes and models.

My question is: which UK charging networks work well with the e-tron on rapid chargers? Electric Highway? Pod-Point? Ionity? Polar? BP ChargeMaster? CYC? Shell? Are there any known problems? What sort of rates do you get? I understand the 50 is limited to 120kW whereas the 55 can do 150kW. Can anyone confirm that? The dealer wasn't 100% sure.
HI

Hi
I've had my e-tron for 8 months and travelled extensively around the UK, (12500 miles)

My experience has been good with BP Polar, you can charge for a maximum of 90 minutes without incurring a "fine" of £10.
The Ionity ultra chargers at Milton Keynes and Gretna are excellent, although they have increased their prices 10 fold recently, however the Audi e-tron card has now redressed that and it'll cost roughly the same (£8) for 75kW.
I would avoid at all costs the Ecotricity chargers, they are flakey at best (most of the ones I used tripped out after 5 to 10 minutes, very frustrating) and only offer 45 minutes of charge.
The Charge Place Scotland are free to use if you purchase the RFID card (£20), all have worked successfully, the card also works on the Charge Your Car network in England.
The 22kW Podpoint AC units are good, however the cars inbuilt rectifier is only 11kW so this is worth bearing in mind if you use these, only frustrating thing is they all have ridiculous names you have to select for the chargers.
The Instavolt units, rapid chargers at Bannatyne Health Clubs work well, you can use your normal contactless debit card at these, however I don't seem to have been charged for their use!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts