Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I took delivery of my 50 Sport in early August this year and have so far been thoroughly been enjoying it. I've had no problems except that I've been unable to make it show "boost" on the power gauge, which shows the green band all the way up to 100%. I've tried all drive select modes, and sport mode with the battery fully charged to no avail, has anyone else with a 50 had any luck with this?

Also, I don't have dynamic indicators at the rear, is that normal? I know you get dynamic front and rear indicators with matrix headlights which I don't have.

Thanks,
Jay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 50 does not have boost mode, just launch control. To use this do the following.
  • Press the gear selector back (forward gear) twice. You should see S on your gear indicator on the virtual dash.
  • Hold your left foot on the brake
  • Press right foot completely on the throttle (past the indent)
  • You power gauge should have the outer green circle at 100%
  • Release the brake
I can't find any options for the dynamic indicators on mine. My wife's Q2 has them but not the base model E-Tron. While this personally doesn't bother me because I prefer the on/off look but I can see why it would upset some. Ironically my wife was upset she couldn't turn off the over the top pretentious looking indicators on her Q2 (her words). The base spec E-Tron 50 is a £60K car so Audi cheaping out is a horrible look. Would like the option to leave mine at the unpretentious setting. :)

The base spec E-Tron also does not have the animated tail light bar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your reply.

I thought that might be the case with boost. I'm not that bothered, it's plenty fast enough anyway.
I wonder if the dynamic indicators or matrix headlights can be enabled with VCDS or such like, as they are supposed to be upgradable with the mysterious function on demand feature. Anyone heard when this will be available?

·
Registered
103 Posts
In theory, the matrix lights and other fancy animations should be a function-on-demand option, but it's anyone's guess when function-on-demand will be available.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for this thread. Been trying to find the boost function on my 50! As Jesc says though, this thing is quick enough even on the lower powered 50 (compared with the 55).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I took delivery of my 50 Sport in early August this year and have so far been thoroughly been enjoying it. I've had no problems except that I've been unable to make it show "boost" on the power gauge, which shows the green band all the way up to 100%. I've tried all drive select modes, and sport mode with the battery fully charged to no avail, has anyone else with a 50 had any luck with this?

Also, I don't have dynamic indicators at the rear, is that normal? I know you get dynamic front and rear indicators with matrix headlights which I don't have.

Thanks,
Jay.
I'm pretty sure the 50 doesn't have launch control only the 55 as it's required for the boost mode. The manual says boost mode requires S plus Dynamic and Launch Control. Feel free to try the left foot on brake and right foot fully down on throttle but might just put pressure on the brakes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi. The conciege service told me yesterday that my 50 Technik cannot have the fancy dynamic indicators and light bar as only a factory option??? I enquired about on-demand function and they said later in the year but not for the lighting. I briefly tried the launch control info as above as curious, but the car was trying to move off (with left foot on brake pedal) so it didn't seem like a good idea, so I reckon no launch control on the 50.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, the manual does cover this in a roundabout way (no launch without boost, 50 doesn't have boost). But you have to have bought the car before getting access to the manual!
Researching this car prior to ordering, the Youtube video reviews and website reviews tend to be of high spec, typically 55 models. The sales literature doesn't make it clear whether the 50 has launch/boost or not. The absence of any mention of boost led me to believe boost function was present on all etrons, so I was of course a little disappointed when I took delivery. Hey ho.

In fact, some car magazine/website outlets mentioned boost mode being available on the 50 model, which made it even more confusing.

The same can be said about the dynamic indicators, light bars and other trick bits and pieces. Its not clear which model spec has which feature. The Audi configurator also struggles to make clear what is available with each option etc. Moral of the story for me? Speak to Audi to get the true story, but hopefully this thread helps others researching similar models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Totally agree. Doesn't help that Audi are quite greedy in the extra options compared to some manufacturers. Extra for this & that whilst some companies just have a couple of trim levels and you can easily see the different specs. As for the dynamic indicators/light bar and boost - all nice to haves but in my opinion not gonna lose sleep about them not being on my 50. Great car regardless. Enjoy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts