Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Great to find this forum, I've got Etron 50 Sport in Mythos Black arriving on 16th November. I've just started changing my insurance and I'm finding it pretty expensive compared to my A4! Has anybody got any UK insurance company recommendations please?

·
Registered
26 Posts
It will be much more expensive than for an A4. All the comparison sites i used came up with Admiral. Even cheaper if I went for their plug in box unit, but i did not want to feel restrained by that so did not go for it. £720 is what i pay and that is with a clean licence and many many years no claims.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be much more expensive than for an A4. All the comparison sites i used came up with Admiral. Even cheaper if I went for their plug in box unit, but i did not want to feel restrained by that so did not go for it. £720 is what i pay and that is with a clean licence and many many years no claims.
Thanks, Admiral are coming out cheaper for me too. I’m also slightly put off by the black box and it’s working out a little more for me without it. I didn’t realise the Etron is the highest insurance group too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I typically use the price comparison sites (Compare the Market and Confused). I've never got a better deal by going direct.

One tip to share - your insurance quote will be cheaper if you get your quote a month before the start date. If you're getting quotes a few days before the start date, the algorithm the insurance companies use will always jack up the price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went with Admiral (no box) as it was the best price/quality balance. My usual multi-car policy wanted a tracker and my broker came out with far higher prices.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with Admiral (no box) as it was the best price/quality balance. My usual multi-car policy wanted a tracker and my broker came out with far higher prices.
Direct line have come out at £750 which is £50 more than Admiral black box. I’ll pay the extra £50 not to have that! I’m amazed how expensive it is to insure to be honest but that’s life I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
153 Posts
Coming from a 2014 Subaru Forester my insurance dropped. I pay less than $600 for 6 months on the 2019 etron + 2015 Toyota Prius. Progressive with Platinum loyalty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts