Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Arrived this morning. Love it! After driving a 10 year old Mk 3 Focus for the last seven years this thing is on a whole other level. Comfortable, refined, more than quick enough when in S mode. Some don't like the feature but I think the default auto-regen setting is superb. It will coast effortlessly on an empty stretch of road without touching the accelerator, but if there are cars ahead the sensor will detect them and use regen to slow down. And the auto brake-locking when the brake is pressed for a second is a game-changer in traffic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
View attachment 2706

Arrived this morning. Love it! After driving a 10 year old Mk 3 Focus for the last seven years this thing is on a whole other level. Comfortable, refined, more than quick enough when in S mode. Some don't like the feature but I think the default auto-regen setting is superb. It will coast effortlessly on an empty stretch of road without touching the accelerator, but if there are cars ahead the sensor will detect them and use regen to slow down. And the auto brake-locking when the brake is pressed for a second is a game-changer in traffic.
Looks amazing! How long did you have to wait for it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks amazing! How long did you have to wait for it?
Ordered in June 2021 as a 3 year lease from NHS Fleet. Was advertised then as a pre-ordered vehicle from Audi that would be available in September 2021. Arrived right on time, so looks like I've been lucky!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great looking car. What color interior? I also love the coasting abilities with the car. Beautiful!
Black with rock-grey stitching, but only because that was the only interior colour possible via my lease scheme. Had a choice only for the exterior colours. It really is a pleasure to drive. Yesterday I'd forgotten my phone in the wireless charger as I was getting out of the car. It immediately gave me a verbal heads-up about it. Great attention to detail!

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I had to choose one word to describe how this car drives it'd be "effortless".
Effortless, nearly all the time!! I can't say it's quite the same down a country lane or a multi story car park (particularly the 'twirly ramp' type, that was horrible!!), both have been quite stressful due to its sheer size, yours may be easier with the surround camera but without it it's almost impossible to gauge exactly where the front is!! Apart from scary tight places it is awesome!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Effortless, nearly all the time!! I can't say it's quite the same down a country lane or a multi story car park (particularly the 'twirly ramp' type, that was horrible!!), both have been quite stressful due to its sheer size, yours may be easier with the surround camera but without it it's almost impossible to gauge exactly where the front is!! Apart from scary tight places it is awesome!
Had my first 'twirly ramp' experience today, have to agree with that one. S-Line doesn't get the 360° camera as standard either unfortunately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts