Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I’ve taken delivery of the above vehicle. It comes fully loaded. Other than a tow hook there was nothing to spec.
Audi UK advertise it with the Park Assist feature whereby the car parks itself and the driver simply operates the accelerator and brake.
I can’t work out how to activate it. I can’t believe a £95k car doesn’t have this feature or the option of specking it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
I didnt think the car came with Park Assist any more:

·
Registered
955 Posts
As far as I know the E Tron Quattro never had full self-parking. What Audi calls "Park Assist" for my 2019 E Tron Quattro 55 SUV Prestige (fully loaded) is a series of camera views with guidelines to help you as you park. Of Course, what is confusing is that there are other models of Audi (not E Tron) out there that do have the self parking feature. The E Tron quattro has an "Auto" Park Assist feature that is supposed to alert you when you pass a space big enough for parking, but it kept going off constantly for me, so I turned it off.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My Tesla MS had self parking. I used it twice, the first and last time. The first time I tried it, in a spacious spot, it proceeded to scratch my right rear wheel. I never used it again and heard this was not an uncommon occurrence.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Bhuna50 is correct, it was the MY19 that had the car park itself.
Hmm. This must be another instance where features differed between US and EU/GB markets. I'm surprised it's removal was due to low interest. I was certainly disappointed to learn that my car did not have that feature.

My Tesla MS had self parking. I used it twice, the first and last time. The first time I tried it, in a spacious spot, it proceeded to scratch my right rear wheel. I never used it again and heard this was not an uncommon occurrence.
Yes, why have the car scratch your wheel when you are perfectly capable of doing it yourself!🙂🙂

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes, why have the car scratch your wheel when you are perfectly capable of doing it yourself!🙂🙂
Nah, I’m very careful not to scratch my wheels. My wife, not so much, but she doesn’t drive my car. Many who used the Tesla self-park complained about it and stopped using it. I had it on the Jaguar and didn’t use it, but I heard it rarely worked. I tried it in a non-curb situation and it was hopeless. So I just pass on these. I learned how to park several decades ago. ;)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Nah, I’m very careful not to scratch my wheels. My wife, not so much, but she doesn’t drive my car. Many who used the Tesla self-park complained about it and stopped using it. I had it on the Jaguar and didn’t use it, but I heard it rarely worked. I tried it in a non-curb situation and it was hopeless. So I just pass on these. I learned how to park several decades ago. ;)
You've just dashed my hopes of a future where I never have to parallel park...about my least favorite thing to do, just behind having to fully brake and re-accelerate my manual transmission car half-way up a steep hill!

·
Registered
379 Posts
You've just dashed my hopes of a future where I never have to parallel park...about my least favorite thing to do, just behind having to fully brake and re-accelerate my manual transmission car half-way up a steep hill!
Fear not, if you don’t mind multiple scratched wheels, there’s an autopark solution for you somewhere. :)

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
57 Posts
Hi,
I’ve taken delivery of the above vehicle. It comes fully loaded. Other than a tow hook there was nothing to spec.
Audi UK advertise it with the Park Assist feature whereby the car parks itself and the driver simply operates the accelerator and brake.
I can’t work out how to activate it. I can’t believe a £95k car doesn’t have this feature or the option of specking it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Park Assist is available. I tried it on a trial which I bought through the app and it automatically added the feature to the car.. it's fiddly though so read the instructions, but essentially you press the park assist as you're approaching a space and it reads the gaps and then you can instruct it to manage the steering as you control the accelerator and brake. So semi automated.

Not that helpful really - so what I recommend is using the dip down feature on the wing mirrors. When you're in reverse adjust the wing mirror to point down at the curb and save it in your setting. Leave the knob turned to the wing mirror that you parallel park with and it will automatically dip down so you can watch the curb and wheel. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi - you can find it in the app swipe down to "Individual Upgrades" press that and you will find "Functions on demand" and Park assist is there.. various pricing from 1 month @ £15 to 4 years @ £400, and in between.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Rich, the only thing I could find was the ‘Audi Marketplace’ and there the Audi connect services was the only thing discussed.

I wonder if this is not available in the U.S.?

·
Registered
57 Posts
ah.. that may well be right.. although it seems unusual as its only a software change.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looking at the Audi UK website and building an E-Tron 55 Vorsprung it looks like Park Assist Plus + 360 camera is standard. On Youtube there is a video (albeit Q7) that shows there is a button at the bottom of the climate control screen that activates the park assist (not sure if this is the same for E-Tron).

This is not remote parking (cannot see that even as an option in the UK) but park assist where it turns the wheel and you just control the accelerator and direction selection.

I will have an E-Tron 50 Black edition with C&S plus Tour Pack arriving soon and the Tour Pack includes park assist plus.
Let me know if this is helpful.
Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looking at the Audi UK website and building an E-Tron 55 Vorsprung it looks like Park Assist Plus + 360 camera is standard.
Where are you seeing this? I cant see Parking Assist anywhere now for the UK add-ons.

There is Parking Aid Plus with 360 display - are you thinking that this is it as sadly it is not - thats just the 360 sensors.

Hi - you can find it in the app swipe down to "Individual Upgrades" press that and you will find "Functions on demand" and Park assist is there..
What year model do you have Rich290? I have a 2021 and it is not an option in the function on demand :(

Reactions: HywelA

·
Registered
57 Posts
Where are you seeing this? I cant see Parking Assist anywhere now for the UK add-ons.

There is Parking Aid Plus with 360 display - are you thinking that this is it as sadly it is not - thats just the 360 sensors.

What year model do you have Rich290? I have a 2021 and it is not an option in the function on demand :(
I have a 2021 model delivered in February this year.. BlackEdition 50. and the app has the "Individual Upgrades" section at the bototm of the first page. Press that and you will find "Functions on demand" and Park assist is available there.. various pricing from 1 month @ £15 to 4 years @ £400, and in between.

Once you subscribe it then appears as an option on the lower screen.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I get the "There are no functions available to purchase......" message

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bhuna50, The availability of these things will depend on the exact specification of your car.

For example, I do not have 'Parking Aid Plus with 360 display' available under Functions on demand. It appears in the 'Optional equipment' list because it came with the car anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
OMG Bhuna, Rich et al i am so sorry you are right it is Parking Aid Plus with 360 camera - that is really confusing and a little shocking. For my car on order i see this

"Preparation for park assist for function-on-demand
feature" (is removed)
"replaced by:
Parking aid Plus with 360° display
contained in:
360 camera"

So i now get that it will be an in app add on.

Personally i have the park assist feature on my current Mercedes C300h but rarely use it so dont think i will be buying it on the E-Tron.

Sorry for any confusion!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts