Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Bhuna50, The availability of these things will depend on the exact specification of your car.

For example, I do not have 'Parking Aid Plus with 360 display' available under Functions on demand. It appears in the 'Optional equipment' list because it came with the car anyway.
yes but why does the parking aid (sensors) stop you from buying the addition of park assist (car steers parking)

·
Registered
160 Posts
My understanding is that the parking aid that also operated the steering was the 7X5 module which was withdrawn from the 2021 model. It is simply not offered as an option anymore (in the UK anyway).

The 'Parking Aid Plus with 360 display' is now included in some specifications but not others. If it is not included then you can buy it (rent it) with Functions on demand. If the car already has it then it does not appear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fear not, if you don’t mind multiple scratched wheels, there’s an autopark solution for you somewhere. :)
I have auto park on my 2020 Q5 phev. i used it maybe three times. One it takes forever even just pulling in head on into a slot. Parallel parking took like what seemed like 5 min. The other thing is if you try and park next to something shiny or mirrored it doesn’t see the object. i have not used it since.
BTW. Love the plug in assist. I even got 28 miles of range few times.

I have Parking assist on the e-Tron and love it. I can see where I’m going and park myself with ease. The split screen and overhead view are excellent.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree ricutter, the e-Tron cameras provide a really good overview in the split screen, better than I originally expected.

My OH has a BMW with automatic parking, it works fine but by the time you have told it what you want to do it is easier to park yourself.

Now, the reversing light on the e-Tron is another matter. I think they employed glow-worms in the design. o_O

·
Registered
19 Posts
All these reports about how poorly auto-parallel-parking works is making me very sad🙁
Sorry you feel this way JNeal. there are a lot of other cars that have auto parking. From Toyota to Hyundai. I see that feature on commercials a lot in the States. Cheer up, learn how to parallel park, or, you could just valet, 🙄

·
Registered
951 Posts
LOL, Oh, I can do it. I just don't like to do it. And, given the way this car just rolls, parallel parking on a hill is extra tricky!

·
Registered
19 Posts
LOL, Oh, I can do it. I just don't like to do it. And, given the way this car just rolls, parallel parking on a hill is extra tricky!
I had not considered that. I learned to drive a stick in Alaska Failed parallel parking twice as I hit the car behind me
So I moved to Florida. Problem solved 🙄

·
Registered
2021 Sportback 50 Quattro S Line
4 Posts
My Sportback being delivered early August but I have this park assist feature on my Range Rover. I can only echo previous comments, it is good for a gimmick only, I have only used it to show it off to someone. It needs far too much space, is inconsistent with gaps and to be honest, its just easier parking yourself. When it DOES work it is pretty cool but not something I will miss.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts