Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audi Electric Models | e-tron® family, hybrids | Audi USA links directly to the 2023 pages, so this is no longer mining hidden parts of the site.

Good news:

RWD is back on the menu for those who want that.

Slightly faster charging

Plug and Charge

auto parking thingie.

Bad news:

Prices are up again.

Range is shorter (‽ ) for AWD.

Heated steering wheel no longer mentioned (but button is still in some pics).

Sport seats and squircle steering wheel removed from S-Line package on the SUV body. Now have to buy the Sportback (which is stupid vanity nonsense, imo… more money for less utility, less legroom, less headroom) to get the good seats. To add insult to injury, the S-line wheels are ugly now.

If this nonsense with the upgraded seats and heated steering wheel being removed is confirmed, I think I'm out. Audi have lost their f*cking minds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like you need to buy a Premium Plus or above...OR add the convenience package to the Premium. If you don't, you get manual seats? Yikes (although that's the way the VW comes on the lower end).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like you need to buy a Premium Plus or above...OR add the convenience package to the Premium. If you don't, you get manual seats? Yikes (although that's the way the VW comes on the lower end).
I think power driver seat always, but no memory function. Convenience package or premium plus adds power passenger seat, and memory for driver (and a bunch of other stuff)

·
Registered
32 Posts
UK customer here but to be honest I'm not surprised by any of this. Even on the top spec Edition 1 over here we don't have a reversing camera, and that's £58,000.

I went for the S-Line (mid trim over here) and got no electric seats, no seat memory function, no heat pump, no reversing camera (although I got that as an extra), no leather seats (I also paid extra for that) and no rear light bar (that's part of the matrix headlight pack).

Still that all ended up at about £49000 😞

I'm leasing so it's not the end of the world but to be honest I'm beginning to miss a lot of those features which are included on some of the competitors for less money (looking at you Volvo and Polestar).

Plus having had his car for almost a year now I can guarantee that you will not get any software updates.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If this nonsense with the upgraded seats and heated steering wheel being removed is confirmed, I think I'm out. Audi have lost their f*cking minds.
About the heated steering wheel, in Sweden you couldn't find it in the list but the dealer could add it from their list when I ordered my car.
So ask your dealer about it, in Sweden the dealers list is totally different from the list customers choose from.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I just noticed you get different seats in America!

UK

US
yeah those sport seats are optional here and the major sticking point for me. I need that extendable thigh support, and it's not on the non-sport seats, and the sport seats look like they'll only be available on the sportback body, which is just dumb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is all so disappointing. On standard body - No sport seats. No cool squircle steering wheel. No more 20" 10-spoke-star-aero design, black finish wheels! (The only ones I really liked)
No heated steering wheel.(???)

NO Homelink!? from a functional/security standpoint, that REALLY sucks.

What IS really in the Prestige "Technology Package" anyways?

I have been so excited configuring the '22 on the website for the past couple of months. Now this.

[email protected]

EDIT
Configuring Sportback, shows heated steering wheel and homelink available. Only available on Sportback?

I told myself I was not going to post and complain until I saw a finished page. The link above takes you to the '23 site. But going from the main page still takes you to the '22.
Sooooo, they are not done tweaking the '23 page?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What IS really in the Prestige "Technology Package" anyways?
On the '22s, the tech package is MMI nav plus, sonos sound, virtual cockpit plus, and… I think that's it? Maybe something else. But it's always been standard in the prestige trim

Configuring Sportback, shows heated steering wheel and homelink available. Only available on Sportback?
Hmm… sure you didn't have the 2022 page? Not seeing those.

I told myself I was not going to post and complain until I saw a finished page. The link above takes you to the '23 site. But going from the main page still takes you to the '22.
Sooooo, they are not done tweaking the '23 page?
Yeah it's entirely possible they accidentally deployed the new EV page before the updated Q4 page is ready… here's hoping.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just ran the numbers and I might be tapping out because the price is inching out of my preferred ballpark. Plus coupled with a "potential" one year wait....
yeah it's approaching my absolute hard limit for the SUV and the sportback is on the far side of it. Plus who's to say they won't just hike the price again midyear while we're waiting?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The picture on the site is an euro version based on the license plate shape too. I also noticed the Q4s w/ S Line in the US have blacked out rings and badges, while the configurator doesn’t show it. So things are still in flux probably.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The picture on the site is an euro version based on the license plate shape too. I also noticed the Q4s w/ S Line in the US have blacked out rings and badges, while the configurator doesn’t show it. So things are still in flux probably.
So funny thing about that, is that it's a port-installed option that they apparently went nuts with while all the cars were parked for months before the release. All the Q4s in the US currently have some crap installed like black badging, beam projectors, and either the all weather mats or the base carrier bars.

These add about an extra thousand bucks to the MSRP.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts