Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Audi Electric Models | e-tron® family, hybrids | Audi USA links directly to the 2023 pages, so this is no longer mining hidden parts of the site.

Good news:

RWD is back on the menu for those who want that.

Slightly faster charging

Plug and Charge

auto parking thingie.

Bad news:

Prices are up again.

Range is shorter (‽ ) for AWD.

Heated steering wheel no longer mentioned (but button is still in some pics).

Sport seats and squircle steering wheel removed from S-Line package on the SUV body. Now have to buy the Sportback (which is stupid vanity nonsense, imo… more money for less utility, less legroom, less headroom) to get the good seats. To add insult to injury, the S-line wheels are ugly now.

If this nonsense with the upgraded seats and heated steering wheel being removed is confirmed, I think I'm out. Audi have lost their f*cking minds.
Sorry but you are wrong about the Sportback it has the same space and a slightly bigger trunk........ except for the head space in the back...... look at the number...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry but you are wrong about the Sportback it has the same space and a slightly bigger trunk........ except for the head space in the back...... look at the number...
I believe the sport back loses a little rear legroom as well. Probably to accommodate headroom by moving seat forward. This creates the small increase of cargo room behind rear seat.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I believe the sport back loses a little rear legroom as well. Probably to accommodate headroom by moving seat forward. This creates the small increase of cargo room behind rear seat.
correct.

less legroom, less headroom, less ability to handle large objects (yes you can fit plenty of stuff and even more in some respects, but the sloping back makes it harder to do bookshelves, etc), more money.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
different opinion but hey you buy the one you want Lol

but I find it impossible that the steering wheel is only on the sportback

Oh I love the look of it, and if it were the same price I'd actually buy one if we're being honest (it's not like I sit in the back!). But I can't bring myself to pay MORE for one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh I love the look of it, and if it were the same price I'd actually buy one if we're being honest (it's not like I sit in the back!). But I can't bring myself to pay MORE for one.
Yeah here in Canada sportback is 2500$ More and in Quebec you don’t get 12000 of government rebate so it’s end being way more expensive….. I don’t pay taxes on mine since I sold my Tesla truth the Audi dealership so I’m saving 10000$. If it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t bought it . I’m alone so I don’t need more space

·
Registered
50 Posts
Was just sent the same thing by my dealer.
No sport seats on SUV. Boo!
No new steering wheel on SUV. Boo!

No 360 Cam option. Available on 2023 ID.4....
No Homelink option. Available on 2023 ID.4...
WTF Audi? I generally expect fewer features to be standard on Audi compared to VW, but to simply not have it as an option... is sh*tty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah it's a sorry state of affairs really. I'm pretty sure the older, bigger, etron had a 360 camera and that came out 2-3 years ago?

When you start comparing the specs to its competitors it's not good, both in terms of what you can get and amount of money you have to pay to get it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm pretty sure the older, bigger, etron had a 360 camera and that came out 2-3 years ago?
Well, the Q4 was going to have it too, but then they removed it for chip shortages -- which I can tell you based on my line of work were, and still are, are totally real and a huge problem.
... But somehow VW is adding it back, and other manufacturers have it too. I'd believe that other manufacturers have different parts in their system, but I find it hard to believe that VW is using different parts than Audi.
Ditto Homelink.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts