Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a trip to California from Montana in mt Etron GT.
I used mostly Electrify America for charging and If I started the charger from the My Audi App the charging was free (nice). However, several times on the trip the MyAudi App would not bring up the field to enter the Charger ID.
Then I needed to start the charger from the Electrify America App which worked but resulted the need to pay for the charge. Has anyone had similar issues with the MyAudi App?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used mostly Electrify America for charging and If I started the charger from the My Audi App the charging was free (nice). However, several times on the trip the MyAudi App would not bring up the field to enter the Charger ID.
Then I needed to start the charger from the Electrify America App which worked but resulted the need to pay for the charge. Has anyone had similar issues with the MyAudi App?
I had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago. I called the Electrify America support number and they were able to start the free charging session remotely after verifying my VIN. I would recommend that you get your case number for the call, it will make future calls much quicker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One thing about these apps is they often lag the physical hardware’s development. So you will probably get used to calling EA especially at new chargers. It’s a good idea to use PlugShare to check recent users experiences to see which unit has been working better/faster recently. Sometimes the units will be set to free mode if they have had problems and you won’t even need the app. Also, eventually they should update the Etron GT to start charging automatically like the Taycan now does at EA units.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts