Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I picked up my Q4 last Monday and it’s been a great start to electric motoring. I do have a slight issue though, once I finally got the who key user thing sorted it appears there is no way to define the user within Audi MMI, anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did you sign up for the Audi App? Your dealer should have done that for you but if not it is straight forward to do yourself. As long as you have that 10 digit code.

Congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you sign up for the Audi App? Your dealer should have done that for you but if not it is straight forward to do yourself. As long as you have that 10 digit code.

Congrats on the new car.
Yeah, I have the app and car is appearing on that with all the remote options. Getting the key assigned to me was a bit of a drama but that is how it should be. It’s actually the car which is causing me a bit of grief now, there is no option to change the user so it’s stuck on guest user (with the annoying Privacy disclaimer when you start up that you can ignor as it’s on the guest account)

·
Registered
61 Posts
The guest profile message has never annoyed me so I have never set any custom profiles. Though on mine I have the option to set users and profiles on the Users option in the MMI. If you are already set as the key user then don't touch that at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I have just chatted with Audi and apparently there is a bug in the Q4 software and selecting a user is not possible at the moment until an update is created. They don’t know when this will be :confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Apologies I should have said I have the E-Torn 50 and assume the user setup would be the same.

Can I ask if you have the standard MMI without the tech pack? If yes can you assign multiple phones to bluetooth at the same time?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s ok, not a problems.. my dealer has said that Audi made some tweaks to the whole key user thing but it certainly looks like they might have missed off the User Profile page when they released it!

I have the MMI Navigation Plus and tech pack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was also annoyed by that screen and asked the dealer - he also said it was a known issue that was being worked on. Does anyone know if that update will be over the air or if it has to go to the dealer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those of you frustrated with the lack of App and MMI functionality, here is a list in German when they will become available. Looks like most will be week 47 with remote locking/unlocking uncertain anytime soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all the above, it's been very informative.
This issue has been bugging me too, since I got the car 2 weeks ago. Dealer was no help and the online chat, though helpful in confirming that my set up was correct, didn't feed through this info.
I'll stop constantly looking for ways to eliminate the irritating privacy disclaimer and wait (hopefully not too long Audi) for the fix to be issued)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks for all the above, it's been very informative.
This issue has been bugging me too, since I got the car 2 weeks ago. Dealer was no help and the online chat, though helpful in confirming that my set up was correct, didn't feed through this info.
I'll stop constantly looking for ways to eliminate the irritating privacy disclaimer and wait (hopefully not too long Audi) for the fix to be issued)
Welcome to the forum @BrianW
Which e-tron spec did you get? Are there enough public charging stations near you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for that post with info on the week 47 update Sarge.
Those are all the issues that I’m having too (“guest user” on startup splash screen, limited app functionality etc) - and dealership seems in the dark as to why.

Has anyone had confirmation from AudiUK or dealership that this is definitely being released to existing uk owners - timescales for uk, how it would be deployed and how we would be notified?

The app would update itself automatically through the AppStore - but I assume that an update to MMI in the car is also needed?
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I have tried to get clarity from AudiUK and the Connect team both of which seem inconsistent in their messaging to say the least, I finally got a call from the digital team a couple of weeks ago where they confirmed there would be updates to the app and MMI in the “coming months” to add functionality to the system. Wouldn’t bother asking the dealerships as they seem to know absolutely nothing, to the point where they struggled to add me as the key user!

Interestingly I did get a couple of OTA updates to the MMI over the last week, when I got in my car messages can up to say updates had been installed and my licenses had been updated. Struggling to see what has been added, nothing noticeable, progress nevertheless!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The only OTA updates the etron does is to the Navigation maps (and useless stuff, like license agreeements). Any change to the MMI functionality and car operation requires taking the car to the Dealer to install the updates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only OTA updates the etron does is to the Navigation maps (and useless stuff, like license agreeements). Any change to the MMI functionality and car operation requires taking the car to the Dealer to install the updates.
etron or Q4 etron? I’m pretty sure my Q4 did an OTA update as when I got in the car it said it had updated the software and took me to the version page.. could be mistaken though

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I have tried to get clarity from AudiUK and the Connect team both of which seem inconsistent in their messaging to say the least, I finally got a call from the digital team a couple of weeks ago where they confirmed there would be updates to the app and MMI in the “coming months” to add functionality to the system. Wouldn’t bother asking the dealerships as they seem to know absolutely nothing, to the point where they struggled to add me as the key user!

Interestingly I did get a couple of OTA updates to the MMI over the last week, when I got in my car messages can up to say updates had been installed and my licenses had been updated. Struggling to see what has been added, nothing noticeable, progress nevertheless!

Thank you for posting about this issue which started to bug me sooo much... I soon felt it was going to take a lot longer than anticipated.
My q4 has exactly the same issue and I was tempted to ask the dealer if they could update the MMI to have the user key registration...
Fuether is this connected to the fact I seem not to be able to open doors in a keyless fashion? Or is that a separate issue?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
etron or Q4 etron? I’m pretty sure my Q4 did an OTA update as when I got in the car it said it had updated the software and took me to the version page.. could be mistaken though
Well, this is from July 2021:

"Audi

Currently, Audi does offer over the air updates, but only for its vehicle maps. Those sorts of updates are sent out regularly and can be done from home an a wifi connection. Unfortunately for current e-tron owners, any other software updates must be manually done at a dealership.

Part of the issue with OTA capabilities is that Audi utilizes much of its controls with physical knobs and buttons. These toggles must all be checked to ensure they’re all synced up with a given software update. Most other EV manufacturers have transitioned to tablets and touchscreens."

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Thank you for posting about this issue which started to bug me sooo much... I soon felt it was going to take a lot longer than anticipated.
My q4 has exactly the same issue and I was tempted to ask the dealer if they could update the MMI to have the user key registration...
Fuether is this connected to the fact I seem not to be able to open doors in a keyless fashion? Or is that a separate issue?
"Key User" is a security feature to ensure that someone else cannot hack your car (think of James Bond movies). First your dealer verifies and registers you as the owner of the vehicle with Audi. Only once that is done can you link your car, using the Key User code, to enable you to use the remote features available in the MyAudi app. You link your car by inputting the Key User Code through your car's MMI. Hopefully, your have your code. Inputting it is done in the USER section of the MMI where you also signed in with your MyAudi account. Getting your car to accept your Key User code can be a stressful time, just because dealing with the flakey MyAudi app and Audi Cloud is a royal pain!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, this is from July 2021:

"Audi

Currently, Audi does offer over the air updates, but only for its vehicle maps. Those sorts of updates are sent out regularly and can be done from home an a wifi connection. Unfortunately for current e-tron owners, any other software updates must be manually done at a dealership.

Part of the issue with OTA capabilities is that Audi utilizes much of its controls with physical knobs and buttons. These toggles must all be checked to ensure they’re all synced up with a given software update. Most other EV manufacturers have transitioned to tablets and touchscreens."
Like i said, I could have been mistaken. I don’t really get the physical button comment though, my previous BMW (2020 M135i) had OTA updates to the idrive system and it worked very well when they did major updates to the software, that car had mostly physical buttons and switches.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Yes, the explanation for lack of OTA is a little suspect. I have not read anywhere about Audi's plans for expanding OTA capabilities. Audi has quickly expanded its EV offerings, so it is a little dicey now to make blanket statements. The Q4 may very well have more OTA capabilities than my 2019 Quattro 55. Things have expanded from my car -- using MIB2 and built on the MLB-evo hybrid platform, to the new chip set and LINUX MIB 3 software on 2021 models and later. The MIB3 is carried over with the J1 High Performance EV platform on which the GT is based, while the Q4 etron has the MIB EV platform. In the next year or so, the Q6 etron is to come out on the PPE EV platform. Quite a stew!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts