Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Key User" is a security feature to ensure that someone else cannot hack your car (think of James Bond movies). First your dealer verifies and registers you as the owner of the vehicle with Audi. Only once that is done can you link your car, using the Key User code, to enable you to use the remote features available in the MyAudi app. You link your car by inputting the Key User Code through your car's MMI. Hopefully, your have your code. Inputting it is done in the USER section of the MMI where you also signed in with your MyAudi account. Getting your car to accept your Key User code can be a stressful time, just because dealing with the flakey MyAudi app and Audi Cloud is a royal pain!
thanks for the description. I did get in the end the role of Key User... the issue is that the MMI on the Q4 I picked up last week... does not have the User icon to link it to the app. I do have codes and everyone is telling the same process.. but without the user icon on the MMI... I basically cannot input it anywhere. It is a super pain...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
thanks for the description. I did get in the end the role of Key User... the issue is that the MMI on the Q4 I picked up last week... does not have the User icon to link it to the app. I do have codes and everyone is telling the same process.. but without the user icon on the MMI... I basically cannot input it anywhere. It is a super pain...
Strange! The manual doesn't provide any guidance? I would be surprised if Audi buried the USER in their layers of menus, but maybe that is the case. If you go exploring, be sure to note the little "cog" that sometimes appears in the upper right of the display. Some surprisingly important stuff is buried there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The user setup page on the Q4 has not been added yet by Audi, you won’t find any options within MMI to setup or select a user. There is an update planned for November which will add this functionality. Apparently it’s all a bit different in the Q4 and you won’t need the code, it’s all set within the key and that’s why the dealers are having such issues setting people up, for some reason the codes were supplied but won’t be needed.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The user setup page on the Q4 has not been added yet by Audi, you won’t find any options within MMI to setup or select a user. There is an update planned for November which will add this functionality. Apparently it’s all a bit different in the Q4 and you won’t need the code, it’s all set within the key and that’s why the dealers are having such issues setting people up, for some reason the codes were supplied but won’t be needed.
Interesting! So Q4 owners cannot even log their cars into their MyAudi accounts? I recall that more that two months ago there was a MyAudi update that in the update notes said that the update added MyAudi functionality for the Q4 etron. Shortly after that, my 2019MY quattro 55 etron completely lost MyAudi app functionality. This was a widespread problem. After more than two months, it only started working again a little more than a week ago. I wonder if software snafus have played havoc with Audi's timeline for all of this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will wait for this update then. They will be 2 long months..

As a curiosity though is this the reason why I cannot use the keyless function to open the car? Is it just me going crazy with the fob..sensors.. manual...forums and back and forth msgs with the dealer...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Interesting! So Q4 owners cannot even log their cars into their MyAudi accounts? I recall that more that two months ago there was a MyAudi update that in the update notes said that the update added MyAudi functionality for the Q4 etron. Shortly after that, my 2019MY quattro 55 etron completely lost MyAudi app functionality. This was a widespread problem. After more than two months, it only started working again a little more than a week ago. I wonder if software snafus have played havoc with Audi's timeline for all of this.
so at the moment there is very limited functionality, I can see my car on the app and I can do just two things, view the charge/charging (but no scheduling) and climate control scheduling, nothing else. I think until they roll out the MMI update in November there won’t be any changes from this but even when the update has been done there is no plan for remote locking/unlocking

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

As a curiosity though is this the reason why I cannot use the keyless function to open the car? Is it just me going crazy with the fob..sensors.. manual...forums and back and forth msgs with the dealer...
From other treads on this forum, I have the impression that, for the Q4, keyless entry is not standard on the base model and it come only with a specific options package. As I recall, you had to get the package that included the upgraded sound system.

·
Registered
Q4 50 Vorsprung - BW 37 CW 49
57 Posts

For the UK keyless entry was not an optional extra and only included on the top Vorsprung trim. One of the reasons I went for that trim over edition 1 as I find it so useful on my current Q5.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
100% agree. I think in different territories it's at least an option but your right, for a £40k+ car in 2021, its a bit of a sham to say the least 😆
I agree. In the US keyless entry in upper level cars is an expectation. It goes to show that you need to read every line of description when looking at Audi's. The omissions can be a little baffling!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi there, I picked up my Q4 last Monday and it’s been a great start to electric motoring. I do have a slight issue though, once I finally got the who key user thing sorted it appears there is no way to define the user within Audi MMI, anyone else have this problem?
Yes - I get the Privacy Warning every time - and if i click 'don't show again'
I get a 'not an option for Guest Users' message, even though my My Audi App
has me registered to the Car as the Key User.

Q4 MMI doesn't have a User Login area! like other versions of MMI I have seen online
(the Dealer was flummoxed) - but they confirmed it was the same on their new Demonstrator.
it's been reported to Audi and they are looking at a software fix for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is anyone able to set a home destination in the sat nav? Mine clears between usage - I suspect related to the user seletion issue.
My home address and favorites also used to disappear between usage but my dealer applied a software update which cured the problem and I have had no trouble since. I suggest you go back to your dealer.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised you have a Q4. Mine is a 2020 E-tron SUV, but I would think the same would apply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally received mine after a wait of 5months+. Similar issues like everyone else, no USER option in the MMI, i figured it'd need software update at some point. Even if it had USER menu, my key tag did not have the usual 10-digit code, but surprisingly a 5 digit one.

Called the dealer and they recommended creating a MyAudi account with VIN only ( two options, VIN only or with Audi registration card) and assigning them as the dealership. Once I created the account, gave them a ring and they confirmed my identity which let me see my Q4 on the app and assigned as key user.

Basic functionality through the app. See battery level / range / charging rate and temperature control.

Temp control is wonderful to start the AirCon remotely or even schedule it for frosty mornings. Been using it for the last few days and boy do I enjoy getting into a toasty car! You can only set two scheduled actions though. I wish you could do something like 'every weekday 7:30' or something similar.

Looking forward to the system update to get rid of the guest user warning at start; if I do not click anything and it goes to another screen, i find some functions like cruise control / pre-sense do not work

21 - 38 of 38 Posts