Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been an E-Tron owner for 18 months and have done 26,000+ miles in that time. I use the vehicle for a great deal of 'off road' activities during the winter when I work my three black Labradors (which fit nicely into the boot space). The vehicle is often in fields, on grassy hills or muddy tracks and always holds its own with, or is better than, equivalent SUVs such as Range Rovers and Discoveries. I fit winter tyres and wheels during the months of October to March which means I can go places these other SUVs are reluctant to explore. I can share videos and pictures of where you can take this vehicle off road. I am interested to know if (a) anyone is aware of any sort of plastic under tray to protect the sound proofing felt like material on the under side and (b) if anyone knows just how deep the vehicle can safely wade through standing water. I have so far gone slightly beyond the depth of the axles but with some trepidation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
@Purple 5 2 that's awesome to hear that you've had successful stints with the e-tron offroad. I haven't done anything major in mine, but I've switched it to offroad once when going into an area that had rather rough terrain to access a hiking trail. It did amazingly well and I was surprised at the ground clearance difference between that and Dynamic. Please do share pics/videos of the areas you've taken it!

Question - are you on the 20 or 21" wheels or do you reduce it to 19" for the winter?

·
Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
160 Posts
I would be very sure to not let the vehicle drive electronics go anywhere near standing water. The manual specifically states that damage can be caused to the power electronics and drive motor if submerged in water. It’s something which I believe through experience is a poorly understood/communicated limitation of the vehicle. Check the section on driving through water, and then be prepared for the warranty to no longer apply in the event that the dealer thinks the car has been driven incorrectly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been an E-Tron owner for 18 months and have done 26,000+ miles in that time. I use the vehicle for a great deal of 'off road' activities during the winter when I work my three black Labradors (which fit nicely into the boot space). The vehicle is often in fields, on grassy hills or muddy tracks and always holds its own with, or is better than, equivalent SUVs such as Range Rovers and Discoveries. I fit winter tyres and wheels during the months of October to March which means I can go places these other SUVs are reluctant to explore. I can share videos and pictures of where you can take this vehicle off road. I am interested to know if (a) anyone is aware of any sort of plastic under tray to protect the sound proofing felt like material on the under side and (b) if anyone knows just how deep the vehicle can safely wade through standing water. I have so far gone slightly beyond the depth of the axles but with some trepidation.
In the manual it states not to let water go above the underbody. So I would be careful

1 - 4 of 4 Posts