Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had an issue with the glass cracking on the virtual mirror? My driver side mirror has a crack across it that’s jus appeared and is not as a result of a collision. This has allowed condensation in and has now rendered the view from the screen like driving in thick fog.

·
Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
91 Posts
Hi there! Cracking of the glass seems like something new which I haven't heard before, however the interior condensation on cold mornings occurs even when the lens glass is intact. My cameras were replaced on both sides due to persistent fogging which wouldn't go away during driving, but I noticed this morning that the problem is back - BUT cleared after 5 minutes of the car ignition being turned on. Would you mind sharing a picture of the glass?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there! Cracking of the glass seems like something new which I haven't heard before, however the interior condensation on cold mornings occurs even when the lens glass is intact. My cameras were replaced on both sides due to persistent fogging which wouldn't go away during driving, but I noticed this morning that the problem is back - BUT cleared after 5 minutes of the car ignition being turned on. Would you mind sharing a picture of the glass?
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
91 Posts
OK, that definitely looks like a crack. But I don't think it's the reason why there's condensation behind the glass. Here's a picture of mine

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is terrible, I can't imagine how badly that is affecting your visibility. Other than these issues, how is your experience with the virtual mirrors?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not sure who you’re replying to @MegeTron but from my side it’s important to mention again that the condensation now clears after 5 mins due to the internal heating element, and now that all of the teething issues are sorted out I love them. Nothing beats a clear and rock steady view of the road on a wet and blustery day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good to hear it's working well for you. Was mostly interested as I haven't seen any in the US and the reviews are mixed based on videos I've seen.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Good to hear it's working well for you. Was mostly interested as I haven't seen any in the US and the reviews are mixed based on videos I've seen.
The virtual mirrors are not allowed in the US. As far as reviews go, it seems like the major complaint has to do with the placement of the viewing screens inside the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts