Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has the Virtual Mirrors can you tell me what is meant to happen when in the MMI, the automatic Kerb Function is on and reverse is selected?

On mine, nothing other than two white horizonal cars about 0.25cm high stretching across the lower third of the display. There's no widened field of view, or automatic dip. It's actually quite hard to park this car without risking the alloys!

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
130 Posts
On the models with standard mirrors, the mirror-select switch needs to be set to the passenger side, do you have that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not much help to you, but i was curious to find the answer. found this video:
at 2m 15s the line appears. the view from the virtual mirror doesn't change at all. ive no idea how that line is supposed to help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not much help to you, but i was curious to find the answer. found this video:
at 2m 15s the line appears. the view from the virtual mirror doesn't change at all. ive no idea how that line is supposed to help
great find, but you’re right, no idea how it helps! The mirror can point quite low, when manually adjusted, but it just seems really odd it doesn’t auto dip. I’ll check my mirror side setting, but it doesn’t have switches - just virtual button which I think default to passenger side...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've checked on my car and I've attached two pictures. You can clearly see that when the VM are in the kerb function, the view is tilted down and the line is displayed.The difference is minimal, but there is a difference. As I mentioned on a previous post, you still can see the wheels. There doesn't seem to be any additional adjustment available but perhaps I'm missing something. However, on a loan e-tron I had the other day with normal mirrors in kerb mode, I couldn't see the wheels either!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had another little play with the VM and in fact, not only can you adjust the kerb view position which is then saved, but you can just about see the very edge of the rear wheels. So in fact, it's actually pretty accurate when parking but like anything with the VM you have to get used to them. I've attached pics so you can see the difference in the 'normal view' and 'kerb view' plus a slightly enlarged version where you can see the edge of the tyre. I'm actually super impressed with the VM.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
My assumption; it's similar to the white line when pulling out of an exit whereby the edge of VM displays a slightly wider view with more distortion as per a regular door mirror in the UK with the blind spot outer edge. Or perhaps it's to signify the VMs are in 'kerb mode'. Not exactly sure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Or its just a guidance line to line up with the kerb so you are not hitting the tyres but still not sticking miles out away from the kerb when parking (like the reversing guidelines in the rear view camera)

Edit: Oh just realised it goes horizontal - I assumed it went parralel with the side of the car when the mirror pointed down...

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
130 Posts
interesting. What does the white line actually mean?
My assumption; it's similar to the white line when pulling out of an exit whereby the edge of VM displays a slightly wider view with more distortion as per a regular door mirror in the UK with the blind spot outer edge. Or perhaps it's to signify the VMs are in 'kerb mode'. Not exactly sure.
Looks like it's possibly where the back of the car is...?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts