Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
221 - 240 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is awesome! In ordered in the same time frame. RS GT in Mythos Black. Got confirmation yesterday it’s in a covered truck heading to the dealer. I expect to take delivery on Friday!
Fantastic news! My delivery is confirmed for Monday. Was hoping for Friday so I had the weekend to enjoy the car, but no big deal at all. Car will finally be on my drive on Monday after a long painstaking 7 month wait!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered my e-tron in late June. I never heard anything from Audi on status. In August, I realized the car may be delayed, and I needed something sooner, so I found an etron RS in dealer stock (at MSRP) in Oregon. I also informed my dealer that I wouldn't need the custom order and they refunded me my deposit.

Today, I received an email from Audi saying my car has arrived in the US and my local dealer would be reaching out to me to arrange delivery. Timing wise, that's much sooner than I would have anticipated. Obviously, I won't be taking delivery - the dealership in Washington has been advertising the car here (not sure if they'll honor MSRP or not).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ordered a Daytona Grey GT last week. Have been given a delivery date of late Sept-22.

Wow that is crazy, your best option is to call around the dealers see if they have allocation or an order in their system with the same or similar specification.

I originally ordered one in August however after 6 weeks I had not been given a build slot, so I shopped around and found a dealer that had a car with the specification I wanted that was in the system and had a provisional build date of week 4 2022.

The dealer shared the screen that shows all the info on the car the build dates etc prior to putting a deposit down, and they continue to share that every week or so to keep me in the loop

I would be wary of such a long lead time as that would tell me they have zero allocation

All being well I will get my GT on the 1st March 2022 when the new registrations come out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,
Delivery timescales in UK are very hit and miss. Worth ringing around dealers prior to order and find out what they have in the pipeline. Ordered mine back in April and finally received it a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
77 Posts
@Amphu, Mine is through a company scheme too, your timeframe is not much longer than mine, my order was accepted by the factory on Aug 2nd and I am being told April 22, so 8.5 months, given the increased interest and delays due to supply chain 8 weeks more sounds plausible but just over 10 months wait is gonna be painful, I wish I could mentally forget I've ordered a car and just be surprised when it arrives, but that ain't gonna happen. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
So my car arrived today, but threw a “Quattro Error” fault during the break in drive.

Since Audi support for dealers does not operate on weekends, we need to wait until Monday to diagnose and try and find a solution.

Love that a car with no actual “transmission” is getting an error message about the transmission.

Yay.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So my car arrived today, but threw a “Quattro Error” fault during the break in drive.

Since Audi support for dealers does not operate on weekends, we need to wait until Monday to diagnose and try and find a solution.

Love that a car with no actual “transmission” is getting an error message about the transmission.

Yay.
Thats a shame. Nothing worse than waiting months for a car to arrive only to find you cant drive it straight away, then to top it off you have wait a few extra days due to weekend for anyone to look into it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered my GT quattro on April 5th in San Diego. The Dealer called today and said that my car had been built and that delivery should arrive at the San Diego port in about 6 to 7 weeks and then about another week to arrive at their dealership around Nov. 11th.
The last time I talked to my dealer was a month ago when they said that my car was on the ship and should be at the San Diego port in a few weeks. The car should have arrived last week so I called them yesterday and ask to talk to the salesman that I ordered the car with to see what was going on. When they connected me to the head salesman I knew it was going to be bad news. He said that they had no idea if the car was even on the ship yet and that it may still be at the port in Germany waiting for a chip. It's been 8 1/2 months since I placed my order and it may be 2 more months before I get it. NOT HAPPY!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered an RS GT last week and have been given a build week of 23 so I’m expecting delivery August 22. The wife ordered a Q4 etron vorsprung which is going to be built in week 3 so expecting delivery in March.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ordered an RS GT last week and have been given a build week of 23 so I’m expecting delivery August 22. The wife ordered a Q4 etron vorsprung which is going to be built in week 3 so expecting delivery in March.
I heard that they can only produce 10,000 cars a year of the etron GT variants. It had also been stated that the GT has the highest priority for components so should be able to meet the build numbers. The 9-10 month wait for new cars and zero discount for new vehicles certainly in my experience should mean the residuals of these cars will be very strong indeed.

Was there any movement in price considering you bought x2 etrons at the same time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I heard that they can only produce 10,000 cars a year of the etron GT variants. It had also been stated that the GT has the highest priority for components so should be able to meet the build numbers. The 9-10 month wait for new cars and zero discount for new vehicles certainly in my experience should mean the residuals of these cars will be very strong indeed.

Was there any movement in price considering you bought x2 etrons at the same time?
I can’t see how they are prioritising GT’s when the Q4 we have ordered will be delivered much sooner. There was no discount to be had although I have managed to get a cracking price out of them for my A7 which they now have. I’ll be in a Fiat 500 until the GT RS arrives so I’ll have gone from 286 PS to 70 PS and then up to 646!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can’t see how they are prioritising GT’s when the Q4 we have ordered will be delivered much sooner. There was no discount to be had although I have managed to get a cracking price out of them for my A7 which they now have. I’ll be in a Fiat 500 until the GT RS arrives so I’ll have gone from 286 PS to 70 PS and then up to 646!!!!
Good work yeah I did the same for a 8 series gran coupe. Nearly new prices are insane in UK.

What I meant is Audi are governed by the capacity of the factory 10k units and are able to operate at full pelt I.e. no component issues as the GT is prioritised over other vehicles for components.

The GT is made in the extended factory that makes the R8.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good work yeah I did the same for a 8 series gran coupe. Nearly new prices are insane in UK.

What I meant is Audi are governed by the capacity of the factory 10k units and are able to operate at full pelt I.e. no component issues as the GT is prioritised over other vehicles for components.

The GT is made in the extended factory that makes the R8.
Any idea what the R8 production will be in 22 as it's winding down?
I assume spring of 2022 will be the end of the line for the R8

·
Registered
11 Posts
For everyone still patiently waiting for their cars, do not give up hope! I've been very fortunate to have been driving around in my RS etron GT Carbon Vorsprung (in Suzuka Grey) for the best part of two months - and she is absolutely worth the wait! This car is fantastic, I absolutely love it. It generates a huge amount of attention, likely also due to the fact there have been so few examples in the UK.

Had a full PPF wrap, ceramic coating on the wheels and paint correction done at NVN Motorworks. Paintwork depth is gorgeous.

I will say, she can be a little sensitive charging at various locations. I could not for the life of me get her to take charge off a GeniePoint in London, and I'll have a couple of issue every now and again at Grid Server Electric Forecourt on the 350kW ultra rapids, never had an issue the few times I've used BP Pulse 150kW.

Really need to pull my finger out, and get my PodPoint install booked!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

221 - 240 of 296 Posts