Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
241 - 260 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well my car got delivered today and what a beauty in Kemora Grey! The sudden power and torque is mind blowing. Had one issue so far in that the MyAudi interface doesnt seem to recognise me so Ive had to use it in guest mode for now due to a 'technical error'. Seems like there is a fair bit to learn about all the features and functions, but looking forward to getting to grips with it all. Its been worth the wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well my car got delivered today and what a beauty in Kemora Grey! The sudden power and torque is mind blowing. Had one issue so far in that the MyAudi interface doesnt seem to recognise me so Ive had to use it in guest mode for now due to a 'technical error'. Seems like there is a fair bit to learn about all the features and functions, but looking forward to getting to grips with it all. Its been worth the wait.
Congrats, hope you enjoy it! Watch out for dynamic mode and foot to the floor, that battery will drain FAST 🤣

The MyAudi registration and key user is not fault free. It took a couple of days to get that squared away for me, a combination of ensuring dealer had done the right things on their side, and I think some lag in everything been replicated across the Audi systems. The MyAudi app is also has some bugs in there too, for example, my etron Charging Service just doesn't appear.

Oh, and the frunk/front boot, easy to miss how to open it. The button is on the edge of the driver side door, so only accessible with the door open. Might have been an idea to read the manual, but who has time for that when you want to drive!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m hopeful my exclusive RS order is so late that the matrix headlights will be operational via US law by then… I’m almost 3 months past order w no timeframe… not bad compared to others but still a bit annoying

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’m hopeful my exclusive RS order is so late that the matrix headlights will be operational via US law by then… I’m almost 3 months past order w no timeframe… not bad compared to others but still a bit annoying
I was thinking this the other day. That being said, they have two years to implement it!

On the other hand, I truly think its just a software push. For instance, our S5 has laser lights on it … the logo lights up and the difference at night is insane when driving alone. So the tech is there. I think that Audi simply can’t implement the focused beam stuff yet. My hope is that once approved, this is a software push to implement it since the hardware is already there in the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was thinking this the other day. That being said, they have two years to implement it!

On the other hand, I truly think its just a software push. For instance, our S5 has laser lights on it … the logo lights up and the difference at night is insane when driving alone. So the tech is there. I think that Audi simply can’t implement the focused beam stuff yet. My hope is that once approved, this is a software push to implement it since the hardware is already there in the car.
it's pretty amazing tech!

·
Registered
47 Posts
First time I drove mine, it took some getting used to. It's quite surreal, how the matrix system works. It makes the car feel like its somehow alive, animal like, as it dynamically adjusts as you drive.
What does it do that is so noticeable?

I've had adaptive and laser lights on BMWs, but is this something else?

·
Registered
11 Posts
What does it do that is so noticeable?

I've had adaptive and laser lights on BMWs, but is this something else?
I don't have experience with the BMW solutions, so I can't directly compare. With the Matrix system it combines individually controllable LEDs, with the traffic detection camera system and an ECU for very fine grained controlled.

Essentially as you drive along, the traffic detection system identifies all traffic ahead of you in both directions and instantly dims/switches/turns on the part of the LED lighting that corresponds to the detected traffic. It can handle multiple vehicles in its vision at once, so lets say you are following a car at night, the LEDs that face that vehicle are dimmed down, but full beam is still active for the rest of the light cluster. Then say an oncoming car is detected, the LEDs that correspond to just that slice of far side lighting are dimmed/switch off as the car comes into view and then immediately switches back on as the car passes.

Basically full dynamic changing of lighting, at an individual LED level, based on detected traffic both directly ahead and oncoming (along with the usual positional and pre-cornering stuff). All in real time. Not sure that's the best explanation

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have experience with the BMW solutions, so I can't directly compare. With the Matrix system it combines individually controllable LEDs, with the traffic detection camera system and an ECU for very fine grained controlled.

Essentially as you drive along, the traffic detection system identifies all traffic ahead of you in both directions and instantly dims/switches/turns on the part of the LED lighting that corresponds to the detected traffic. It can handle multiple vehicles in its vision at once, so lets say you are following a car at night, the LEDs that face that vehicle are dimmed down, but full beam is still active for the rest of the light cluster. Then say an oncoming car is detected, the LEDs that correspond to just that slice of far side lighting are dimmed/switch off as the car comes into view and then immediately switches back on as the car passes.

Basically full dynamic changing of lighting, at an individual LED level, based on detected traffic both directly ahead and oncoming (along with the usual positional and pre-cornering stuff). All in real time. Not sure that's the best explanation
Wow, that sounds amazing perfect explanation. Thank you!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow, that sounds amazing perfect explanation. Thank you!
Essentially you keep your high beams on all the time and the car disables the portion where any vehicle in front of you is sitting. It can also be programmed to display logos and other things like your name on the wall in front of the car when you approach. One of the best videos is here:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thats a shame. Nothing worse than waiting months for a car to arrive only to find you cant drive it straight away, then to top it off you have wait a few extra days due to weekend for anyone to look into it!
So my new car, never driven, has a “broken” rear motor. Basically the entire rear drive motor needs to be replaced according to Audi.

More than a little frustrated. I haven’t even seen the car yet!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Essentially you keep your high beams on all the time and the car disables the portion where any vehicle in front of you is sitting. It can also be programmed to display logos and other things like your name on the wall in front of the car when you approach. One of the best videos is here:

So the GT lights have this too! Wow 👌

·
Registered
77 Posts
So the GT lights have this too! Wow 👌
Bakus, only on the Matrix LEDs that come as part of the Vorsprung spec or with the Comfort & Sound Packs on the Quattro, the RS has Matrix LEDs by default. But essentially yes, I think this is something that would take a bit of getting used to using, i.e. having the full confidence it blocks correctly in most/all situations.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bakus, only on the Matrix LEDs that come as part of the Vorsprung spec or with the Comfort & Sound Packs on the Quattro, the RS has Matrix LEDs by default. But essentially yes, I think this is something that would take a bit of getting used to using, i.e. having the full confidence it blocks correctly in most/all situations.

Brill I've ordered C&S plus so I have them, just as well as since lockdown my night vision is notp great.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Hi there.

When I saw this video I was blown away, then started to search all over the internet for how to enable it. But alas, I don't think they are on the GT. The Matrix headlight that shows animations on the road are marked with an extra word "digital" and we only have the adjustable ones. I looked at my cars extras via my Audi app, and even though it's in Danish. You can still see I have the Laser light + the lighting animations in the rear and front lights
Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, I finally got to test whether the matrix LEDSs that came with the C+S pack have the nice little animation to the front and back. And the verdict is...they dont. Its a shame, because it was one of the things that lured me towards the Audi instead of the Porsche. Multiple Audi dealers told me that if I ordered the C+S pack, I would get the animation, at the very least for the LED matrix headlights. Clearly Audi didnt know enough about their own cars.

No big deal overall, but still irritating being told one thing but finding out something else.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, I finally got to test whether the matrix LEDSs that came with the C+S pack have the nice little animation to the front and back. And the verdict is...they dont. Its a shame, because it was one of the things that lured me towards the Audi instead of the Porsche. Multiple Audi dealers told me that if I ordered the C+S pack, I would get the animation, at the very least for the LED matrix headlights. Clearly Audi didnt know enough about their own cars.

No big deal overall, but still irritating being told one thing but finding out something else.
Bummer!

·
Registered
27 Posts

Darnit Sam. But you might still be able to get them via the myaudi app where you can by extra stuff (nothing in the store for now though) I would say that you don't need them. But it's nice to have

241 - 260 of 296 Posts