Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
341 - 360 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did your dealer give you a delivery ETA or just a build date?
We had ETA's of April and June but knew these were subject to change. I guess it's disappointing to have been given build dates that have since been retracted.

·
Registered
199 Posts
We had ETA's of April and June but knew these were subject to change. I guess it's disappointing to have been given build dates that have since been retracted.
I have a week 10 build date, May ETA for the US. If it happened on your order, it can happen to mine.
It's frustrating that Audi has put everyone in the dark about this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did your dealer give you a delivery ETA or just a build date?
TBH week 23 was probably a very optimistic guess. I placed my order end of May, and it's only going into production this week. So that's approx 32 weeks from date of order.

I would add at least my dealer has been honest from the beginning and originally the build date was end of Jan and it's come forward slightly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
TBH week 23 was probably a very optimistic guess. I placed my order end of May, and it's only going into production this week. So that's approx 32 weeks from date of order.

I would add at least my dealer has been honest from the beginning and originally the build date was end of Jan and it's come forward slightly.
Mine was ordered late July 2021 and was given a build week of 4 2022. It was status 10 up until late December when it moved to 20. So hopefully less likely to move. When it was in status 10 it moved back to week 8 at one point but then came.back to week 4 and has remained there since late October.

Hopefully it will get locked in and get to you sooner than expected or at least close to the original date.

·
Registered
48 Posts
**** dude that sucks. Ive not heard from my dealer since 19th December. Must hit him up for an update. Ordered mine Nov too with similar albeit provisional build week 22. Gulp!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Got an update from my dealer today

Original Build date week 10 2022. Exclusive color adds 6 weeks.
Updated build date is week 17 which I assume is because of the exclusive color. Week 18 completion

How the dates breakdown:
Build week of April 25
Completion May 6th
Delivery July 9th to the 22nd

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got an update from my dealer today

Original Build date week 10 2022. Exclusive color adds 6 weeks.
Updated build date is week 17 which I assume is because of the exclusive color. Week 18 completion

How the dates breakdown:
Build week of April 25
Completion May 6th
Delivery July 9th to the 22nd
Does it really take 8 weeks + for delivery.

Mine was ordered late May originally given a provisional build week of late November, this moved to week 18 in November and has been moved forward every 2 weeks - currently sitting at week 12

·
Registered
199 Posts
Does it really take 8 weeks + for delivery.

Mine was ordered late May originally given a provisional build week of late November, this moved to week 18 in November and has been moved forward every 2 weeks - currently sitting at week 12
I'm on the US so all ocean freight is taking at least 6 weeks, then getting it to the dealer from the port.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm on the US so all ocean freight is taking at least 6 weeks, then getting it to the dealer from the port.
Apologies noticed you were US based once I submitted my post - well hopefully yours doesn't move out. I hate it that Audi cant confirm the actual build date as being provisional means it may move again - I will be waiting nearly a year since I placed my order!

·
Registered
19 Posts
To the US though, shipping and port inspections would be longer I suspect. UK is usually 2-3 weeks I think.
Chris - what's your current provisional build date has it moved - I know yours also got pushed out.. but think you ordered after me in July...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Apologies noticed you were US based once I submitted my post - well hopefully yours doesn't move out. I hate it that Audi cant confirm the actual build date as being provisional means it may move again - I will be waiting nearly a year since I placed my order!
I know there is a semi conductor shortage which is the excuse behind everything, but I agree, I find Audi CS just really poor, especially on a car costing nearly £100K, if I include the time the lease company and the dealer wasted on actually confirming the order before getting it to the factory mine will be 11.5 months.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Chris - what's your current provisional build date has it moved - I know yours also got pushed out.. but think you ordered after me in July...
So I got told 18th April, then last week 2nd May, and the usual, it's provisional and it usually doesn't get locked in until 2 months before, so effectively, stop asking until March.... as I said CS is just down right poor. my order was "Accepted by the factory" on the 2nd August.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I got told 18th April, then last week 2nd May, and the usual, it's provisional and it usually doesn't get locked in until 2 months before, so effectively, stop asking until March.... as I said CS is just down right poor. my order was "Accepted by the factory" on the 2nd August.
Very annoying - mine was accepted by the factory on 24th May!! Hopefully supply chain improves -will make a note in my diary for 2 months before the current build date then harass the dealership for a confirmed build. Which dealership are you with - I am with Slough Audi... don't think they have had a GT Etron in as yet and mine might be the first..

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's very frustrating.
It's not when we palace our order, but when the build allocation is. Theoretically someone can order a car now using my build allocation and get the car in half the time

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've been getting updates with this screen from the dealer, it was status 10 until the last update over Chirstmas when it moved to staus 20. I think status 20 means that that they have all the parts to complete the car and the expected date of production is less likely to change. So if that proves to be the case the movement from rough production week to confirmed was about 6 weeks prior to build.

At least I am hoping that is the case 🤞
Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system Software

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been getting updates with this screen from the dealer, it was status 10 until the last update over Chirstmas when it moved to staus 20. I think status 20 means that that they have all the parts to complete the car and the expected date of production is less likely to change. So if that proves to be the case the movement from rough production week to confirmed was about 6 weeks prior to build.

At least I am hoping that is the case 🤞
View attachment 3958
What does status 10 actually mean - When I received my last screen shot of the same that box was still blank.... out of interest when did you place your order?

·
Registered
103 Posts
What does status 10 actually mean - When I received my last screen shot of the same that box was still blank.... out of interest when did you place your order?
I believe 10 means that the factory have allocated a provisional build week and it is subject to change.

341 - 360 of 400 Posts