Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
361 - 380 of 1131 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe 10 means that the factory have allocated a provisional build week and it is subject to change.
Got a super quick reply from the dealer - mine has been updated to status 10 and showing the original build week of week 17 and current build week as being 12 - will request this from them every 2 weeks and also as per Bakus's post see if it is indeed confirmed 6 weeks prior.. fingers crossed feel a little more confident now that I may get my hands on the car!

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
414 Posts
Y’all are in for a lot of grins. I've already forgotten about the long wait. I picked mine up Dec 27. I traded in my RS7. Since then, I have loved driving the GT so much that I sold the R8 yesterday. Eight years of fun, but I have not driven it a single time since buying the GT. While there are specific features and attributes I miss, the GT is a wonderful blend of the two cars.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Got a super quick reply from the dealer - mine has been updated to status 10 and showing the original build week of week 17 and current build week as being 12 - will request this from them every 2 weeks and also as per Bakus's post see if it is indeed confirmed 6 weeks prior.. fingers crossed feel a little more confident now that I may get my hands on the car!
Same here bud! Dealer just confirmed my order has moved from build week 22 to 19. Still in status 10 though but positive trend 💪🏽😎🙏🏻

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same here bud! Dealer just confirmed my order has moved from build week 22 to 19. Still in status 10 though but positive trend 💪🏽😎🙏🏻
Hope this keeps coming forward for you mate - mine was originally a week 47 - 2021 and had slipped 23 weeks when they updated me in November - to week 18 - massively disappointing when that happens but as per @drunkenspyder post above it will be worth the wait - still not seen one in the wild as yet - they are going to be as rare as rocking horse s*!%

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
210 Posts
What does status 10 actually mean - When I received my last screen shot of the same that box was still blank.... out of interest when did you place your order?
To Chris' point 10 means that the factory has acknowledged the order. Mine when in this state moved between week 8 and 4 2022. So as Chris said it's subject to change.

When 00 I think the dealer may not have allocation and therefore a rough date is difficult to predict.

I've ordered mine from Preston Audi.

·
Registered
588 Posts
To Chris' point 10 means that the factory has acknowledged the order. Mine when in this state moved between week 8 and 4 2022. So as Chris said it's subject to change.

When 00 I think the dealer may not have allocation and therefore a rough date is difficult to predict.

I've ordered mine from Preston Audi.
Does 20 also mean the build is not changable? At a certain point in the process, Audi will not allownany changes to the build.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Not sure if it helps but I was told even at 00 if I changed my spec that it could push out the build date - so I didn't risk it as did not want any further delays...
That makes sense. Because of the exclusive color on my build, my dealer said it will push it out 6 weeks from the assigned date.
They have another build now that they want to change to an exclusive color which would also push out the date.

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
210 Posts
Does 20 also mean the build is not changable? At a certain point in the process, Audi will not allownany changes to the build.
I think so, however I was told that once the order is acknowledged it would have implications to change, i.e. to the back of the queue! Not sure how true this is, but my configuration has not changed since I orded it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Y’all are in for a lot of grins. I've already forgotten about the long wait. I picked mine up Dec 27. I traded in my RS7. Since then, I have loved driving the GT so much that I sold the R8 yesterday. Eight years of fun, but I have not driven it a single time since buying the GT. While there are specific features and attributes I miss, the GT is a wonderful blend of the two cars.
I’m still missing my RS7 a little. Maybe I need to put the GT in Dynamic more and just drive!

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
414 Posts
I’m still missing my RS7 a little. Maybe I need to put the GT in Dynamic more and just drive!
I haven’t found that Dynamic mimics the 7 as much as I might like, but I do drive in it almost all the time. And I do miss the soft close doors and the Akrapovic sound. But man, the GT carves turns so much better. In hard corners, it feels much more like the mid-engine weight distro of the R8. Getting the engine out of the nose and the battery below the driver is simply amazing.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I haven’t found that Dynamic mimics the 7 as much as I might like, but I do drive in it almost all the time. And I do miss the soft close doors and the Akrapovic sound. But man, the GT carves turns so much better. In hard corners, it feels much more like the mid-engine weight distro of the R8. Getting the engine out of the nose and the battery below the driver is simply amazing.
Agree completely! Love how this thing handles and turns at all speeds. And honestly who am I kidding I belong in a luxury sedan with massaging seats not pretending to be a race car. :)

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
414 Posts
Agree completely! Love how this thing handles and turns at all speeds. And honestly who am I kidding I belong in a luxury sedan with massaging seats not pretending to be a race car. :)
Admittedly, same here. I woke up this morning actually glad I finally decided to sell the R8. The GT is just the right machine for this stage in life. I liked the massage seats in the 7. These new ones are even better, and once I got the seat position adjusted—the non-adjustable headrest was a bit of a challenge when I first got in—the adjustability of the seats, the massage, and the heat/cool ventilation, all feel better.

Reactions: AudiGT and Ps702

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have to admit, with all the reviews and media out there about the GT, this is the most compelling "review" of a GT I've read in the last year. Think about what @drunkenspyder says here. The two (great) cars he describes are so different yet he feels happy enough to give up both because the GT ticks so many boxes. Wow.

I'll be moving from my tuned C7 A6 to the GT when it arrives. I'm not sure I'll (ever) give up my race-prepped '01 TT but it will be interesting to see how I feel a month or two in.

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
414 Posts
I have to admit, with all the reviews and media out there about the GT, this is the most compelling "review" of a GT I've read in the last year. Think about what @drunkenspyder says here. The two (great) cars he describes are so different yet he feels happy enough to give up both because the GT ticks so many boxes. Wow.

I'll be moving from my tuned C7 A6 to the GT when it arrives. I'm not sure I'll (ever) give up my race-prepped '01 TT but it will be interesting to see how I feel a month or two in.
This is the first time in over 40 years without a convertible for me. It’s a big step. I may yet circle back for something a little less crazy than the R8 at some point in the future. I like the look of the current TT more than any prior iteration; and my dad’s little Miata is a blast to drive. For now, as you say, the GT ticks more than enough boxes.

Reactions: AudiGT

·
Registered
174 Posts
You gents describing the driving experience, may i ask what specific models you have please? Curious if its 4 wheel steering that you have or if its just general quattro? I only test drove the RS Vorsprung but have opted for GT Quattro because i really wanted the glass roof 😆. (also couldnt afford the difference tbh) 😜

·
Registered
348 Posts
You gents describing the driving experience, may i ask what specific models you have please? Curious if its 4 wheel steering that you have or if its just general quattro? I only test drove the RS Vorsprung but have opted for GT Quattro because i really wanted the glass roof 😆. (also couldnt afford the difference tbh) 😜
Mine is GT with the Performance pack which gives you Power steering plus w/ rear wheel steering and e-torque vectoring plus. So similar to the RS in this regard.

361 - 380 of 1131 Posts