Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
381 - 400 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe mine is at 10, but my dealer has never even offered to send me a copy of this screen may ask for it.
I would ask as i think it does make a big difference, well it certainly does for me as it seems more transparent.

I have been far less anxious around my order as I can see the order over time and in my case the limited movement between build weeks give me confidence i will get my car when stated even though my confidence may be unfounded.

As I said earlier I get this sent every few weeks without having to prompt as a result I feel relaxed about my order. The inclusive home charger was organised too without asking and is being installed next month. All in all I've been happy with the communication for my dealer, its unfortunate that not all dealer are as transparent.

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
274 Posts
You gents describing the driving experience, may i ask what specific models you have please? Curious if its 4 wheel steering that you have or if its just general quattro? I only test drove the RS Vorsprung but have opted for GT Quattro because i really wanted the glass roof 😆. (also couldnt afford the difference tbh) 😜
Like @AudiGT mine is the Prestige + Performance with rear wheel steering. Like you, I wanted the panoramic roof, and I just did not see the value in the RS. And yes, I believe it is the equivalent of the Vorsprung.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So I got the screen, code 10 still at present but build week showing as 202210 original build week 202217, so would be great if the current date got locked in [fingers crossed]. Dealer was really quick in providing it, faith restored, a little.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I got the screen, code 10 still at present but build week showing as 202210 original build week 202217, so would be great if the current date got locked in [fingers crossed]. Dealer was really quick in providing it, faith restored, a little.
Looks like we have the same original build week Chris -but yours has moved 2 weeks ahead of mine provisionally. This must be due to specification and parts availability.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thats great, it does make a difference having this info, hopefully you will move to status 20 in the next 2-3 weeks 🤞

·
Registered
8 Posts
So i ordered my GT QUATTRO in UK on 27th November and just been given provisional build week of week 21 2022 (middle of May) so not too bad (so far) all considered. I know this could move out but with reported supply improvements on microchips early next year id like to think that may move in rather than out 🤞
I hope that it arrives as they have quoted. My own experience is that I ordered RS e-tron GT in June 2021 with an orginal estimated delivery end of November, then it moved to January and then a build week of Week 2 was confirmed with delivery March, now I have been advised that the build was cancelled and this has been moved to week 16 :-(, I have now cancelled the car as these constant delays are just causing me other problems and there will be no guarantee that it will be built in week 16

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just had Sheffield Audi backtrack on both my orders. Ordered both cars (Q4 50 Vorsprung and RS GT) in Nov 21 and were given week 3 and week 23 as build weeks at the back end of November. Had this reply from Audi today:-

The GTRS had an original build week of 23, currently this is showing no build week. This is due to the ongoing supply restrictions and the factory rescheduling things.

When a build week is confirmed the status changes to 20 meaning the factory is confident they have all parts required to complete the build. Vorsprung models and certain options will be longer lead-times generally as more semi-conductors are needed for these type of cars.

I feel your pain, I ordered the same RS E-tron Gt in June 2021, expected delivery end of Nov/Dec, that then moved to January then March, then I was informed it had a build week of Week 6, next advice was it was now week 4 so therefore some improvement, Current situation when I asked last week if it could be confirmed that the car was in production I was told it had lost its build week and it was now moved to Week 16 with Delivery around May. I'm fully aware that this isn't guranteed and the delay is causing too ,many other issues with a car that it should have replaced that I have made the decision to cancel the order and who knows I might look again at it in a couple of years.

I appreciate it’s not ideal that we can’t provide anything concrete at this time, the factory is doing everything in its power to minimise delays.

B***

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hope that it arrives as they have quoted. My own experience is that I ordered RS e-tron GT in June 2021 with an orginal estimated delivery end of November, then it moved to January and then a build week of Week 2 was confirmed with delivery March, now I have been advised that the build was cancelled and this has been moved to week 16 :-(, I have now cancelled the car as these constant delays are just causing me other problems and there will be no guarantee that it will be built in week 16
sorry to hear about your bad experience and having to cancel. Its these exact nightmare stories that keeps me worried until it goes to ‘status 20’. Only then is it locked in. So far any movement has been positive so just hope my luck stays that way. My dealer has told me repeatedly that any delays hes seen are all RS and/or Vorsprung (performance) orders. I can only assume thats because of higher chip count.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sorry to hear about your bad experience and having to cancel. Its these exact nightmare stories that keeps me worried until it goes to ‘status 20’. Only then is it locked in. So far any movement has been positive so just hope my luck stays that way. My dealer has told me repeatedly that any delays hes seen are all RS and/or Vorsprung (performance) orders. I can only assume thats because of higher chip count.
its the RS vorsprung that I ordered... second midllife crisis according to my son! lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting to see how different the delivery times are. The time between ordering and picking up the car was for me 7 weeks!
Order mid November, build week 51, picked it up last Friday :) Almost fully loaded GT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The GTRS is now showing a build of week 17, which is great news. It is still yet to be 100% confirmed and is still subject to change, however very promising following your last update.

Unfortunately no change with the Q4 at present.

Will keep an eye on things over the coming weeks.

Good news for my RS, not so good for the wife's Q4. Original build dates of week 23 RS and week 3 Q4 were given back in December. I'd definitely lock in week 17 if I had the choice.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here is how the builds look. When talking to my dealer, they explained the status numbers aren't definitive like Porches builds.

The dealers got their entire 2022 allocation up front. You will see the order was submitted on 6/28/21.
It seems the build is frozen 30 days out from the production date.

Audi is now shipping E-Tron GT and RS E-Tron GT with enclosed trailers to the dealer from the ports to decrease the chance of damage in transit. They are also no longer using the white film on the paint because it was starting to cause damage

Font Number Paper Document Paper product

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - looking for any insight from this forum as I ordered my RS E-tron GT in August and have a confirmed build week of 24th Jan 2022 (assuming week 04).

Does anyone have any view on likely delivery date to the UK based on those dates, dealer is telling me June but that feels a long way out if build confirmed to start 24/01.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi - looking for any insight from this forum as I ordered my RS E-tron GT in August and have a confirmed build week of 24th Jan 2022 (assuming week 04).

Does anyone have any view on likely delivery date to the UK based on those dates, dealer is telling me June but that feels a long way out if build confirmed to start 24/01.

Thanks
Sounds a long time. My dealer said 6 weeks after build completion to delivery

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds a long time. My dealer said 6 weeks after build completion to delivery
I placed an order for an RS model in June last year with delivery quoted for end of November early December, that changed to January then March and a build week 2 was quoted. Just recently I asked the dealer to confirm that the car was in production to be told it had lost its build week which had now been moved to Wk16 delivery around may. I’ve now cancelled the order 🙈

381 - 400 of 401 Posts