Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
841 - 860 of 907 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not that a day or two is going to matter that much.
Yes just interesting how they have a a few dates. AIS for your vessel is showing 5/16, PWL is showing 5/17, Norad 5/18, Davisville is 5/15
Now we know its give or take a few days

On a side note its facinating how long it takes to load and unload cars from a Ro-Ro. I have friend that works at the Port of Long Beach and they threw her on a vessel to unload to a few cars. She learned how to drive manual all over again with someones car

·
Registered
175 Posts
Each port appears to be different, some ports like RI have contracted companies that off load the cars and no one else can even get in a car. My dealer in Hawthrone told me they have gotten cars delivered only a few days after the are in port. Baltimore which is the port that dealers in my area use, cars there can sit for weeks before they get to dealerships.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Each port appears to be different, some ports like RI have contracted companies that off load the cars and no one else can even get in a car. My dealer in Hawthrone told me they have gotten cars delivered only a few days after the are in port. Baltimore which is the port that dealers in my area use, cars there can sit for weeks before they get to dealerships.
My dealer told me the Etron GTs are getting sent to them on enclosed trailers from San Diego (90 miles from the port). He also explained that Audi is minimizing the white protective film wrap due to it scracting the paint when in transit (wind making it peel and hit the paint)
Not sure if this is just specific to Socal transport

·
Registered
444 Posts
Great info. Not sure why Audi cant supply more info. I'll keep an eye on that ship!
Go on vesselfinder.com or I downloaded the Marine radar app. I saved a few vessels including @Carnut to see their positioning and how close they are to their ETA.

I don't think dealers are given too much info by Audi so they just don't know.
The PWL info I posted shows everything that VW is sending so we are kind of reverse engineering it.
This also applies to Porsche

·
Registered
'22 e-tron 55
14 Posts
That would be nice. How can you tell? I put it into Vesselfinder.com and its going to Halifax, Canada. Or is that a stop ahead of its way to Jacksonville, FL? Really appreciate it!
More than likely our e-tron GT's are on the same carrier the Siem Aristotle. Mine is due to be dropped off in Baltimore on 5/27. You can follow the progress of the Siem Aristotle with this link. Enjoy your GT!
Siem Aristotle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All

I’ve been a visitor on here for a while and thought it was time to sign up And share my experience.

Ordered a GT from the excellent Audi Yeovil on 5th October 2021

My spec is:

Daytona Grey
Body colour grill
Comfort and Sound Pack Plus
Full Leather Pack
Sport Sound
Head up Display
Carbon Inlays
Tour Pack
City Assist Pack

So a lot of chips in there!

I was told to expect delivery in May at the earliest but was expecting it to be more like the autumn to be honest Given the chip shortage at that time

Was told in January my build slot was week 13

Then had an understandable period of silence as the war in Ukraine commenced and week 13 came and went.

Had a text this Tuesday out of the blue from Audi UK thanking me for my order and apologising that my car was taking longer than normal on the production line and that my local dealer would be in touch.

Had a call this morning from Audi Yeovil to say the car is built and has passed its quality check and is awaiting shipping to the UK.

I have a provisional collection date of 19th May, could have been earlier but they are sorting out a full PPF for me.

All in all I am happy with a 7 month wait as I was expecting a lot longer, hope this is of use to others with UK orders.
Hi All

I’ve been a visitor on here for a while and thought it was time to sign up And share my experience.

Ordered a GT from the excellent Audi Yeovil on 5th October 2021

My spec is:

Daytona Grey
Body colour grill
Comfort and Sound Pack Plus
Full Leather Pack
Sport Sound
Head up Display
Carbon Inlays
Tour Pack
City Assist Pack

So a lot of chips in there!

I was told to expect delivery in May at the earliest but was expecting it to be more like the autumn to be honest Given the chip shortage at that time

Was told in January my build slot was week 13

Then had an understandable period of silence as the war in Ukraine commenced and week 13 came and went.

Had a text this Tuesday out of the blue from Audi UK thanking me for my order and apologising that my car was taking longer than normal on the production line and that my local dealer would be in touch.

Had a call this morning from Audi Yeovil to say the car is built and has passed its quality check and is awaiting shipping to the UK.

I have a provisional collection date of 19th May, could have been earlier but they are sorting out a full PPF for me.

All in all I am happy with a 7 month wait as I was expecting a lot longer, hope this is of use to others with UK orders.

Well the GT arrived at the dealership yesterday and is having PPF applied and will be ready for collection next Friday. So that is 21 days from coming of the line in Germany to dealership in UK.

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
166 Posts
I ordered a GT the last week of March 2022 just prior to the price increase. I was told that it would be at least 6 months to delivery.

A couple weeks later the car moved to to status 10 week 38 of 22. That seems in line with my expectation. However subsequently it moved to week 34, and then on the latest update its now down to week 28!

That is a significant improvement in delivery times as most of the cars being delivered in the last month or so have been 10 months plus since original order.

I know when in status 10 things can swing around a lot however I'm probably only 3-4 weeks away from moving to status 20. And if it does move to status 20 it would most likely be less than 4 months from order to delivery.

Oh and another thing I've noticed is that the car has moved from MY22 to MY23, not sure if that will add any extras in the UK.

What are other peoples experiences who have ordered GTs in the past 6 weeks?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a GT the last week of March 2022 just prior to the price increase. I was told that it would be at least 6 months to delivery.

A couple weeks later the car moved to to status 10 week 38 of 22. That seems in line with my expectation. However subsequently it moved to week 34, and then on the latest update its now down to week 28!

That is a significant improvement in delivery times as most of the cars being delivered in the last month or so have been 10 months plus since original order.

I know when in status 10 things can swing around a lot however I'm probably only 3-4 weeks away from moving to status 20. And if it does move to status 20 it would most likely be less than 4 months from order to delivery.

Oh and another thing I've noticed is that the car has moved from MY22 to MY23, not sure if that will add any extras in the UK.

What are other peoples experiences who have ordered GTs in the past 6 weeks?
Did you go for the RS GT or GT? I ordered an RS GT in Feb 2022, and it was estimated to be 9-12months. It’s currently set for a week 33 build slot. So it sounds like you are doing well if you get it sooner.

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
166 Posts
Did you go for the RS GT or GT? I ordered an RS GT in Feb 2022, and it was estimated to be 9-12months. It’s currently set for a week 33 build slot. So it sounds like you are doing well if you get it sooner.
I have ordered the RS version, looking at your build week it is about 7 months potentially so still better than quoted.

I wonder if the RS has a slightly quicker lead time than the standard GT.

It maybe worth checking with your dealer if you've not had an update for a couple of weeks as I'm pretty sure that when flipped to MY23 from MY22 that's when the build week has moved forward so much.

It will be mid June before a week 28 car flips to status 20 so I should know for sure in the next 4 weeks. Buy if it stays the same 4 months is very quick. If yours has moved forward too maybe there has been a significant reduction of orders due to global uncertainty, hence the significant difference?

Alternatively the RS model has a different quota to the standard car?

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
166 Posts
Ok so is yours a GT or RS? If its a GT then the lead times have improved significantly.

If pace of production is the same then the only other variable is demand. So perhaps the demand for new cars has started to drop.

841 - 860 of 907 Posts