Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
861 - 880 of 908 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Production completed on April 21 and will come in to Baltimore. The last screen shot I got from the dealer was cut off below the “ocean shipping vessel” field so I am not sure if it is on the Siem Aristotle, but certainly hope it is.
Happy to say that I’ve been able to confirm that my car is on the Siem Aristotle (Ocean Shipping Vessel "395" in the image below).

Handwriting Font Paper Paper product Number

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great news.
Did your dealer know the name of the vessel or they just know it's on a ship?
The salesperson at the dealer is not as sophisticated as the folks on this thread! They knew very little but had the information I needed to figure out the ship. They were far more focused on the dates shown in the image I attached above and were not really aware of the significance of the "Ocean Shipping Vessel" field. In that field it reads "395" and that correlates to the Ship Number in the VW export schedule that you posted a few days ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have ordered the RS version, looking at your build week it is about 7 months potentially so still better than quoted.

I wonder if the RS has a slightly quicker lead time than the standard GT.

It maybe worth checking with your dealer if you've not had an update for a couple of weeks as I'm pretty sure that when flipped to MY23 from MY22 that's when the build week has moved forward so much.

It will be mid June before a week 28 car flips to status 20 so I should know for sure in the next 4 weeks. Buy if it stays the same 4 months is very quick. If yours has moved forward too maybe there has been a significant reduction of orders due to global uncertainty, hence the significant difference?

Alternatively the RS model has a different quota to the standard car?
I last checked a couple of weeks ago and it was still week33. I’m going to leave it a few more and then ask again. Hopefully get a nice surprise. 😬

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would agree I had to explain to the dealership how I was able to figure out what ship my car was on. My local dealerships don’t like to give out too much information about ships and port arrivals anymore the supply chain issues started they have had cars sitting at port waiting for parts in some cases for weeks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The ship is at the port so I guess the next step is to see how long it takes for it to get to the dealership and what add on’s they will do at the port. They threw everything they had on to my GTI.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The ship is at the port so I guess the next step is to see how long it takes for it to get to the dealership and what add on’s they will do at the port. They threw everything they had on to my GTI.
It still shows in transit on the dealer site. I wonder when it gets to the Monroney will the status switch to In-Transit at Port.
The port is not that far away from your dealership. Hopefully the carrier goes straight there

·
Registered
175 Posts
From what I was told the dealership has a few cars on that ship. If I am really lucky it will be there before Friday. I am still hopeful that I will have it before the end of month but I don’t know how the holiday will effect the transport trucks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
My car was just completed, VIN is showing up on the dealer site.
ETA of completion was 5/20/22 so a few days earlier

It should be on the one of these 2 vessels
GRAND COSMO 5/23/22
GLOVIS SUMMIT 5/29/22 vessel 161

These vessels Arive in San Diego at the end of June. I anticipate a Mid July delivery

·
Registered
23 Posts
My car was just completed, VIN is showing up on the dealer site.
ETA of completion was 5/20/22 so a few days earlier

It should be on the one of these 2 vessels
GRAND COSMO 5/23/22
GLOVIS SUMMIT 5/29/22 vessel 161

These vessels Arive in San Diego at the end of June. I anticipate a Mid July delivery
Congratulations! I hope you don't have to pester your dealer too much to get the ocean shipping vessel confirmation. I don't think there is any methodical/consistent update to the Audi dealer portal so getting the next update could be a frustrating experience (at least it was for me).

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was sent what my dealership could see yesterday and the only change I saw was port arrival eta was yesterday. Since I knew what ship it was on I told them it had docked. It is the only carrier at port yesterday and it appears it has already left Davisville and on the way to Houston.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Dealer doesn't have a Vessel #, but I got this
Production was complete 5/16/2022 and it is planned to ship out in 6/02/2022.

It means I will have to wait till the end of May to get the new shipping schedule for June

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dealer doesn't have a Vessel #, but I got this
Production was complete 5/16/2022 and it is planned to ship out in 6/02/2022.

It means I will have to wait till the end of May to get the new shipping schedule for June
Just a guess, but they probably transport cars from the manufacturing plant to the dealer in batches maybe 1-2x/wk so likely won't leave for the port until a few days after production is completed. It is probably an all-day drive to get from the Audi plant to the port of Emden, and they probably have a window to load the vessel that could close a day or more before scheduled departure. With all of this in mind, I would say there is a chance, albeit a slim one, that your car could make it to the port in time to load onto the Grand Cosmo. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just a guess, but they probably transport cars from the manufacturing plant to the dealer in batches maybe 1-2x/wk so likely won't leave for the port until a few days after production is completed. It is probably an all-day drive to get from the Audi plant to the port of Emden, and they probably have a window to load the vessel that could close a day or more before scheduled departure. With all of this in mind, I would say there is a chance, albeit a slim one, that your car could make it to the port in time to load onto the Grand Cosmo. Please keep us posted.
Good points. I think if anything it would be on the GLOVIS SUMMIT because the exact spec going to another dealer with the Benicia, CA entry port hasn't been assigned either.
Its 400 miles from the Neckarsulm to the Emden Port, so it will be 2 days travel time
Ive noticed 2 days loading for the Ro-Ro

861 - 880 of 908 Posts